Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Problem with the Driver's ​​​​Power Window

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 04:13 AM
Default Problem with the Driver's ​​​​Power Window

Hi, I'm a new member and Need help. I finally figured out how to join the family of Hummer owners.. Is great that we can help one another.
My wife's hummer H2 2004 front driver window only moves down.. i disassembled the door panel and applied direct power to the motor and got the window to move up and down by reversing the polarity. Can someone tell me if the problem is most likely the control module switch. I don't want to spend $160 if unsure. All the other buttons work fine. Also, the window does not close when i press the button that opens and closes all windows at the same time..
Thanks

Last edited by Doc Olds; 03-01-2021 at 03:13 PM. Reason: The thread is about the Driver's Power Window
Old 02-26-2021, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

MOVED from the wrong sections (another Mod disapproved your New Member section duplicate post).

Welcome to HF. ALL H2 questions go in the H2 section. Best to read before posting anything.

New Member section says NOT for Tech Questions, strictly intros. The HF Help & Suggestion Center states not to post any vehicle questions there, has nothing to do with vehicle, rather it is about help with using forum features........... like how do I post a pic stuff.

I would say it is the switch, but I am not an H2 expert. Now that this is in the right section, help will come along.

Making an observation.... you bought a 17 year old high end vehicle and you are worried about $160 for a part? Good luck!

Old 02-26-2021, 07:46 PM
Default Problem with 2004 Hummer H2 driver rear view mirror.

Originally Posted by PanchoH2
Hi, I'm a new member and Need help. I finally figured out how to join the family of Hummer owners.. Is great that we can help one another.
My wife's hummer H2 2004 front driver window only moves down.. i disassembled the door panel and applied direct power to the motor and got the window to move up and down by reversing the polarity. Can someone tell me if the problem is most likely the control module switch. I don't want to spend $160 if unsure. All the other buttons work fine. Also, the window does not close when i press the button that opens and closes all windows at the same time..
Thanks
"driver rear view mirror" Remove, disassemble the 15883319 and clean the contacts. DONE!

Old 02-27-2021, 09:14 PM

Here is a YT video that you may find helpful.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
MOVED from the wrong sections (another Mod disapproved your New Member section duplicate post).

Welcome to HF. ALL H2 questions go in the H2 section. Best to read before posting anything.

New Member section says NOT for Tech Questions, strictly intros. The HF Help & Suggestion Center states not to post any vehicle questions there, has nothing to do with vehicle, rather it is about help with using forum features........... like how do I post a pic stuff.

I would say it is the switch, but I am not an H2 expert. Now that this is in the right section, help will come along.

Making an observation.... you bought a 17 year old high end vehicle and you are worried about $160 for a part? Good luck!
Thanks , but after spending thousands every penny counts specially if wrongly spent.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZl74FiK714
Thank you so much, I'll see and get back to you..

Old 02-28-2021, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by PanchoH2
Thank you so much, I'll see and get back to you..
Originally Posted by Doc Olds

I just realize the message has the wrong title. The thread should read, Problem with the
Driver's ​​​​Power Window. Can the title of the thread be changed.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:49 AM

Appreciate your help. I'll will look at the video and see if i can solve the problem.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZl74FiK714
Excellent video, nice work! Cotton swabs work great to clean the carbon contacts.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:55 AM

Indeed cotton swabs are best for that!

Quick Reply: Problem with the Driver's ​​​​Power Window