Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Predator Wake Up Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Default Predator Wake Up Kits

Does anyone have any predator performance products? Specifically their stage 1 wake up kit which is just the ECM and the cold air intake.

Are you happy with it? Do you feel that it delivered on performance as promised?

I just realized that Predator is about 20 minutes from my house. I might swing by just to check them out.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Old 05-07-2014, 07:07 AM

Let us know if you get one. I would be curious to what it does to the fuel MPG

Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 AM

I think it would be cheaper with potentially better results to throw some long tubes on it, an intake, exhaust and have it dyno tuned by a reputable shop.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I think it would be cheaper with potentially better results to throw some long tubes on it, an intake, exhaust and have it dyno tuned by a reputable shop.
I agree you're paying a premium for the Predator experience. I'm still going to stop in and check them out. Does anyone know a good indy tuning shop in the San Diego area? I would think that any shop with experience tuning the GM ECM would be good to go for the H2.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:09 PM

I have been doing a lot of research with these guys at predator, one thing I can't get over is- they charge you $600.00 for the rap torque tune and a $500.00 core charge for your stock ECM.Now if I decide to keep my stock ECM, I just paid $500.00 for an ECM that I already own. If I send them my stock ECM they will credit me $500.00 and now I can't return my H2 back to stock settings and I'm without my stock ECM. So, what I am doing is I bought a ECM off of Ebay for $10.00. Predator said, they would tune it for the original Rap Torque price at $600.00 and they did not like that I was keeping my stock ECM. Please let me know if you see this differently. Let you know how the tune is when I receive it.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by elkgrunt
I have been doing a lot of research with these guys at predator, one thing I can't get over is- they charge you $600.00 for the rap torque tune and a $500.00 core charge for your stock ECM.Now if I decide to keep my stock ECM, I just paid $500.00 for an ECM that I already own. If I send them my stock ECM they will credit me $500.00 and now I can't return my H2 back to stock settings and I'm without my stock ECM. So, what I am doing is I bought a ECM off of Ebay for $10.00. Predator said, they would tune it for the original Rap Torque price at $600.00 and they did not like that I was keeping my stock ECM. Please let me know if you see this differently. Let you know how the tune is when I receive it.
Yes I hear you. Please let us know how it performs when you get it installed. When do you anticipate receiving it back?

Old 05-08-2014, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by dowork
I agree you're paying a premium for the Predator experience. I'm still going to stop in and check them out. Does anyone know a good indy tuning shop in the San Diego area? I would think that any shop with experience tuning the GM ECM would be good to go for the H2.

San Diego, man I'd imagine you'd have tuning shops on every corner. Here in AZ I have to drive over an hour to get the nearest good tuning shop with a dyno. Our engine is close to the same as an LS2-the engine in GTO's Camaros, vettes, it's used all over. I'm sure any shop wouldn't have a hard time tuning a deuce.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by dowork
Yes I hear you. Please let us know how it performs when you get it installed. When do you anticipate receiving it back?
Within the next two weeks.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:56 AM

I never understood the differences of their tune vs something like a superchips programmer...

Quick Reply: Predator Wake Up Kits