Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Oil Cooler Block question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 04:39 PM
Default Oil Cooler Block question

Does anyone know what the purpose of the hex plug on the back of the oil cooler block to the engine?

The reason I asked I recently swapped out my hoses for braided hoses to the radiator oil cooler I swapped out the block portion with an earls side cooler block unit to connect the AN fittings . Ever since that swap, I've noticed a random low oil pressure on the first start, it hesitates for about .5 seconds too long then jumps to like 42 PSI if it's warmer outside seems it's not there "weird" and this only happens on first start up.

When I swapped the cooler lines I also saw that there was a good oil leak front right of the engine so I dropped off to swap the pan gasket and the pickup tubes o-ring while they were in there. I was hoping that was it but it didn't fix the issue so now Im curious about what the hex plug covers on the stock oil cooler block.

No other OIL issues were noted except for randomly on the first start-up, then it sits at 42-45 psi all other times, and when revving it jumps to around 60 I guess. and yes It has a new oil pressure sensor too.

Last edited by Booch; 04-25-2023 at 01:28 PM.