Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New here and need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 11:31 PM
Default New here and need some help.

Hello all. I am new to the forum. I am in the market for a H2 and have some questions. I will list the questions that I have.
Thanks in advance.
QUESTIONS:
1. Does all trims come with air lift suspension and a compressor? (Trim meaning package example Adventure, Luxury)
2. Does all trims come with heated front and rear seats?
3. Can I tell what trim a H2 is by the vin number?
4. Does all trims come with power mirrors?
5. Is there years to stay away from? (looking at a 2004).
6. What is some things I should be aware of when looking at a H2, problem spots? Like the year 2004.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:06 PM

2008 and up has a different engine and transmission. There seem to be more issues with this setup compared to the original set up. Rest of your questions will hopefully be answered in attachments.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:17 PM

Thanks for the information.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:18 PM

Check to see if the power mirrors still work.

The seals in the roof lights commonly leak but the issue is easily fixable. Check for water damage on the headliner.

The rear hatch handle commonly breaks off. Make sure it’s attached and functions properly.

The hard plastics used in the interior tend to crack or break.

Old 11-06-2022, 06:03 PM

If you are looking to get into a Hummer H2... here is a quick decision tree...

a. There are two series: 2003-2007, and 2008-2009. The 08/09 have different drivetrain with more horsepower, plus updated interior. Due to the limited number, these are often pricier with the 09s being the most expensive and hardest to find. Within the 08/09 series there were several limited editions that come with higher prices as well. The 08/09 series has retained gained value. Latest price trends attached. If you are looking for a pristine 08/09 Hummer A&L Imports in Texas is were you want to begin your search. https://aandlimports.com/newandusedc...=H2&ClearAll=1

b. For each series, there are two models: SUV and SUT. Personal preference, but the SUV is much more popular and available.
c. Within these ranges, there are high mileage and low mileage options with associated price points. Most of the engine and suspension components are shared with with other GM vehicles and are generally available, but the interior components are mostly no longer available from GM. As mileage goes up so does interior wear, so you really want an interior that meets your needs as replacing any of that will only be possible on eBay or through a salvage company like Pacific Motors that focuses on Hummer H2 parts.
d. A few models have been upgraded to a Duramax drivetrain via Predator or Mash Motors... there are very rare to find in the used market... like a couple a year. They offer significant horsepower upgrades that come in handy for towing or high altitude 4x4. If this is what you are looking for, your best best is to watch and wait, and be prepared to pay for it... you can also contact those companies and see if they know of owners looking to sell.

When I picked one, I went with a 2008 since the interior and controls were nearly identical to my 2011 Tahoe and 2014 Escalade. I went with low mileage since it wasn't going to be a daily driver, I wasn't looking to go off road, I wasn't planning a lift or anything major, and I really wanted something that drove like a late model GM SUV.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:52 PM
Default Thanks guys

You guys are great help. I may have found what I’m looking for.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:35 AM
Default Trim

I still don’t understand the trim packages? So if I have this right there are (base, adventure and luxury) is this correct and you can add items to each trim package example like add air ride to the base model?

Old 11-07-2022, 12:14 PM

All H2's have power mirrors and Heated front and rear seats.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:53 PM

I could be wrong, but I do believe some options were only available on specific trims.

Old 11-07-2022, 01:12 PM

For most of the Hummers I have seen, the accessories match the level. You have the three trim levels correct. I have attached the spec sheet for the the 2008 Hummer H2. Where you will see variability is the "O" for options that the dealer or customer would be able to add. If you have a year in mind, you will want to check the spec sheet to confirm features and options. For example for air suspension on the 2008 series, it was standard for the Adventure, and an option on the Base and Luxury.

Quick Reply: New here and need some help.