Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Default New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*

Hi all im new to the forum and very excited to have just purchased my dream truck i'll be the first one to admit i know nothing about trucks in general always been an import car guy however to the point i need some help im freaking out a bit.. when i purchased the truck it smelled a little musty i took it home detailed it deoderized it and noticed the carpet felt slightly damp...... well .... not only that but there was clear water in the glovebox after i loifted the carpet passenger side was very wet i went to the rear passenger seat lifted the weather tech it was damp underneath lifted the carpet and pulled the trim off theres was a tiny 3 inch pool of water basically my passenger side was pretty i should say very damp ...... my neighbor came over to leand a hand and said he thought the problem was in the sunroof specifically the drain pipes or i should say holes we poured a little water in the rear of the sunroof it pissed out fine under the truck.... but when we poured water in the front drain holes they were both totally stopped up and plugged he said this was the issue so we blew them out with the air compressor and you could here the clog let go after cleaning we poured some water down them and they pissed like crazy could they plugged up drains have caused this mess? who knows how long the previous owner let this ride out for which is probably why it got to the rear seat? guys please tell me this is a hummer thing and i fixed it! lol

next thing i really thought it was the A/C because it was on the side of the A/C components and my A/C wasnt blowing super cold so i was thinking that was it, but to wet practically half the vehicle seems kind of not likely today i did hear some kind of sound like vibrating type of sound when i turned the A/C off it stopped could that be maybe the a/c compressor going bad

please dont be to hard on me guys ive just had the truck for a week

Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM

heres some pics

Attached Thumbnails New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-1.jpg   New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-2.jpg   New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-3.jpg   New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-4.jpg   New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-5.jpg  

Old 06-26-2014, 09:06 PM

last few

Attached Thumbnails New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-6.jpg   New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-7.jpg   New guy - H2 floor damp!! PICS*-8.jpg  
Old 06-26-2014, 09:37 PM

ive been reading around more and more on the forum and am starting to think i have to silicone my marker lights on the roof can someone please help me out and describe in lehman's detail how to do this can you access and disasemble from the top of the roof or do i have to drop the headliner to seal them? also im reading theres some kind of start bolt that should be siliconed as well what exactly is that? thanks guys

Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 AM

Yes, just remove one screw from the marker light on either side of roof, you might as well do both sides. Once you remove the screw you just lift the lens out and you'll see where the water is getting in. Its a quick and easy job, just make sure you clean up the area well before adding the silicone. Good Luck

Old 06-29-2014, 05:50 AM

wow i did it yesterday i cant believe what a design flaw its rained everyday for the last 2 months here but now that im wanting rain after i fix i marker lights nothing for 2 days lol.. im really hoping it was as easy as that

Old 06-29-2014, 04:05 PM

hes right on marker lights, all of us have had to seal them, I pulled the rubber bung out of the hole it fits into and cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol then siliconed the edges of hole pushed rubber back in so it oozed out sides a little then silconed where wires actually go thru center of the rubber, also cleaned the whole drain track from side to side that did it for me

Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 AM

awesome thats exactly what i did keeping my fingetrs crossed hope this does it!!!!!