Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New Fuel System Control Module Programming With Tech 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 12:07 PM
Default New Fuel System Control Module Programming With Tech 2

My FSCM has likely gone out, not 100% sure yet but likely. I drove the truck through about 3.5 ft of water a week ago and now It's throwing a u0109 code but still runs and the fuel pump is really loud. If I replace this it needs programmed to the vin. I already have a replacement, but I can't program it. Based on the cost of labor to put it in and reprogram it, I probably should just buy a tech 2 and do it myself. I just wanted to know if anyone has experience with this. Is this something a tech 2 has the ability to do?

2008 h2.

Old 02-27-2023, 03:34 PM

Never worked on a 08 in the UK (yet)

However I found these YT videos from Sidhu DIY which may provide some useful background data (you may have seen them already)

Surprisingly Sidhu never mentioned reprogramming, presumably he purchased one pre-programmed to his VIN number? (or did it himself)

DTC U0109 lost communication is probably caused by water ingress (of course) but is it in the connector, the module or both?

Since you have a new one ready to be programmed it might be worth investigating your old one and seeing if it can be resurrected i.e. cleaned, soaked in IPA and dried out maybe?

Hope someone on the forum can help with the programming, if not these people may be worth looking at if they are still operating that is:-

Hope you get it fixed 👍

Old 02-27-2023, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Never worked on a 08 in the UK (yet)

However I found these YT videos from Sidhu DIY which may provide some useful background data (you may have seen them already)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0b-bX2jcHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4obxqniya0

Surprisingly Sidhu never mentioned reprogramming, presumably he purchased one pre-programmed to his VIN number? (or did it himself)

DTC U0109 lost communication is probably caused by water ingress (of course) but is it in the connector, the module or both?

Since you have a new one ready to be programmed it might be worth investigating your old one and seeing if it can be resurrected i.e. cleaned, soaked in IPA and dried out maybe?

Hope someone on the forum can help with the programming, if not these people may be worth looking at if they are still operating that is:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivaeBSebpPw

Hope you get it fixed 👍
Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the preprogrammed ones were really legitimate. Or OEM parts.

If it’s in the connector I’ll just clean it and replace it. If it’s in the module I’d rather just replace it to know it’ll be reliable.

That Sidhu guy man. I can’t hardly understand a word he’s saying sometimes but man he’s got some killer tutorials! I don’t know what I’d do without him.

Old 02-27-2023, 03:52 PM

Gavin of course I'm with you on the reliability angle, as was Sidhu.

My curiosity would force me to try and fix it and keep it for service spare, it seems these modules have this common weakness.

Chances are it's is full of water which is stopping the microcontroller from communicating, probably the sooner its cleaned the more likely it will work again providing nothing burnt-out because of it.

If you open it up it would be good to see what it looks like..

Old 02-27-2023, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the preprogrammed ones were really legitimate. Or OEM parts.

If it’s in the connector I’ll just clean it and replace it. If it’s in the module I’d rather just replace it to know it’ll be reliable.

That Sidhu guy man. I can’t hardly understand a word he’s saying sometimes but man he’s got some killer tutorials! I don’t know what I’d do without him.
U0109 (Lost Communication With Fuel Pump Control Module) Only Code?
If so clear and rescan+clean seal connector contacts.
Btw, YT has CC:

Old 02-27-2023, 06:20 PM

Update: I cleaned the connectors contacts with a ton of electrical contact cleaner and now it doesn’t start at all.😂

I think I sprayed too much and it went in the module. I’ll just wait and see if it dries out which it should.

and I found a tool on Amazon really cheap. $129 and I’ve heard people on here using it before. It’s just the software is sketchy but that shouldn’t matter too much because I’ll be using the TIS software from gm and just using it as a J-somethin somethin pass through. I’ll update if this thing works.

Amazon Amazon

Old 02-28-2023, 04:53 PM
Old 02-28-2023, 09:03 PM

On the 08, HP tuners can program the module,
find the local tuner and for $100 you can get a license to program it plus whatever they charge to do it,
They can go into the tune repository and pull a stock tune for the 08 then program just the FPCM as long as they can communicate with it.
With the supercharger your FPCM tune may be modified, may want to contact them and ask.

Once you buy the tool you still need to subscribe to ACDelco TDS for the software and there is a learning curve to get it all to work

Neal

Old 03-01-2023, 04:56 AM

I also have the nano and have programmed with it, it will work but as you said the software is quirky

Neal

Old 03-02-2023, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by legerwn
On the 08, HP tuners can program the module,
find the local tuner and for $100 you can get a license to program it plus whatever they charge to do it,
They can go into the tune repository and pull a stock tune for the 08 then program just the FPCM as long as they can communicate with it.
With the supercharger your FPCM tune may be modified, may want to contact them and ask.

Once you buy the tool you still need to subscribe to ACDelco TDS for the software and there is a learning curve to get it all to work

Neal
Man I wish I would've known that. I would've never thought my HPtuners could do it.(edit: After looking online I dont think it can program the vin on the module, but I may be wrong) I don't think there is a tune on the fscm for the sc but I will email Magnuson.

As for the VDX nano, it is an awesome little tool. Everyone was talking about issues, but it worked basically first try for me. I installed the ACdelco TDS first, then the software on the thumbdrive it came with, then reinstalled TDS(it wasn't opening for some reason) and it all worked. For $129 + $40 to GM you can't beat it. And you get all of the tech2 capabilities.

I kept driving the truck broken like a moron and it died and left me stranded eventually. After completing the repair, I cracked open the old fscm and saw where it was corroded, and my electrical contact cleaner made it worse. I sprayed so much that it got through the connector, into the module and couldn't evaporate. There was a little pool in there and whenever I went downhill, the pool would move over the microchip and short it, causing the car to die. Ill post pics later. I think I definitely can clean it up and keep it as a spare.

I followed this video for the TDS side of things:

And some guy on the corvetteforum had some good info. I have to go dig that up and post it later.

Last edited by Gavin Costigan; 03-02-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: New Fuel System Control Module Programming With Tech 2