Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New Cognito UCA's

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 07:32 PM
Default New Cognito UCA's

Since I installed the level kit i've wanted to put these on, I've had them for a while just no time to install them.

Upper control arm removed

Cognito's as recieved

Everything removed from box and ready to assemble

Assembled and ready to install

Got the passenger side on and caster and camber set, to the drivers side in the morning and finish up the alignment

Neal

Old 11-02-2022, 09:27 AM

Got everything installed and the alignment done, all in all I'm happy with the arms and ease of install.

just a couple of things that I think can be improved on is the mounting of the speed sensor back to the arm. The arms come with pre-drilled holes for the attachment of the sensor bracket but it is to large to retain the original clip. It would be as simple as reducing the hole to 3/16" from 1/4". Included in the kit are 2 self tapping screws for the brake line bracket which needs to be increased to 4 to facilitate re-attachment of the speed sensor cable using a new bracket (not provided).

Other than these items everything was good,

I was able to increase the caster by 1.5* over stock, Cognito says their arms will provide more caster

Neal

Old 11-02-2022, 09:51 AM

so basicly sounds like not much of an upgrade over OEM and some part need modding?

Old 11-02-2022, 08:43 PM

Not necessarily Bronx,

I installed a level kit on my H2 raising the front 3" which to me put the top ball joint at a bad angle and put the OEM UCA very close to the upper drop stop, the Cognito UCA's resolved this for me which is why I opted to install them. I now have an upper ball joint that is close to level as it was stock and plenty of room for the UCA to drop with out hitting the upper drop stop.

Neal,