Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Need some guidance 2003 H2

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Stepper motor in oil gauge cluster, o ring on pick up tube, wiper motor circuit board bad, aftermarket headlights, if they are LED or the old HID inserts, then I would replace with stock and bulbs and see how it works, could be the switch like you suggested. Congrats on the new rig. Sounds like a cheap, fun toy.
Thank you sir!

Old 09-20-2021, 06:20 PM

Still confused on head lights! I got them working right....... At least the normal lights....... Seems to be a wiring issue - someone has been playing with the wires - there cut and spliced together - the factory connections are gone......

I still think something maybe up with the switch ( turn signal switch )........ When the head light switch is on - anytime you apply the turn signal ( the indicator for the brights ) ( blue light ) comes on.......

Also yesterday I plug in the fuse for the wiper motor - the wipers did nothing - even when using the switch...... The previous owner said ( they stayed on all the time ).... 😐...... The cruise control and turn signal themselves work......

Just no action out of the wiper or window sprayer and the bright light indicator popping.....

Old 09-20-2021, 06:29 PM

Stepper motor in oil gauge cluster, o ring on pick up tube, wiper motor circuit board bad, aftermarket headlights, if they are LED or the old HID inserts, then I would replace with stock and bulbs and see how it works, could be the switch like you suggested. Congrats on the new rig. Sounds like a cheap, fun toy.
I thin your right when you said - step motor in cluster......

Iv heard and seen the oil pick up tube o ring cause oil issues....... But in my experience the oil pressure stays down and never comes up...... Idk......

Mine eventually jumps back up and stays up....... I notice when it's cold it's struggles to read higher pressures onces it's up to temp..... When it's cold ( Oklahoma hot day cold ) - on first fire up - you can take off and push the rpms up - the gauge will just go to 40 and stop ( no matter what ) after a few mins of driving around - it gets up to 40 and stays there idling - then will read 50 to 60 going down the road And idle at 40ish maybe a tad less ( 38/39 ) ..... I need to find time to put a mechanical gauge on it........ But I would think - a pick up tube or relief valve would cause the opposite issues as the oil warms.....

Thanks again friend.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:20 AM

Here is a video of oil pressure a few mins after running - increasing rpm 200 Rpms cause a spine to 40 psi...... Drive it once down and the and it will never fall below 40 again.

Old 09-22-2021, 08:40 AM

That is a pretty big jump in PSI for just 200 RPM increase.