Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 09:48 AM

I thought about going the homemade vehicle route but you are not allowed to modify an existing vehicle. I don't understand how these rat roach rod things are legal to go down the highway. Some I’ve seen at car shows belong in the dumpster. Totally unsafe.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by legerwn
looking good,
A buddy of mine rode with me when I was looking at a H2 on a lot to purchase prior to purchasing the one I have now but unfortunately they had to send it back as the millage had been tampered with. While looking there they had a HUMVEE sitting there and my buddy purchased it, its a 4 man 91 I believe with the 10,500 axles. I've been working on it for him fixing little things that it needs, he drives it to work and around town he loves it. They are neat trucks with unbelievable capabilities off road, right now I'm in the middle of installing a Red Dot AC unit which is the original units built for the gov to install in the trucks. The 24 volt system on these trucks causes a few issues when adding accessories along with the simple task of jump starting the thing.

Keep us posted,

Neal
they are fairly easy to work on. They were designed and built around being fixed and maintained by 18 year olds. The 24v system is scary and I’m still learning about how it works but I have the 12v 24v alternator so I believe I can run accessories off of it or get a converter or inverter. I only want a phone charger and a reverse light, maybe license plate light. I was thinking about stripping it and re-coating with the adoline probably butchering the name, but leave it raw aluminum like they do the cobras. Paint the fiberglass hood and doors to match as close as possible. Never seen a raw Humvee before but that sexy aluminum body should be seen. Definitely the most capable stock vehicle you can buy. I was playing around climbing Stuff that was pretty steep and loose and it didn’t break a tire Loose.

Old 03-09-2024, 07:33 PM

Back to working on my H2 again. It’s been a great vehicle to own. I’m trying to figure out my ac out of the defrost vent. I tried resetting it twice but it didn’t seem to work. I believe it has a bad actuator, the one on the drivers side above the gas pedal. I did have a dead battery and I thought the reset would fix it. I’m getting ready to finally start my electric fan conversion if I can find all of the parts that I have had for several years. lol

Old 03-11-2024, 08:46 AM

Was wondering about your rig a few months ago. good to know it's still rolling along.

Old 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM

I have been working on my Cobra for the last year and nothing else.

Old 05-23-2024, 08:53 PM

Finally installed my electric fans, only took me 2 or 3 years to start it. I had a new gm fan assembly and it’s the 7/9 blade set. I had to take a little bit off the bottom corners and cut the flange off top and bottom. I have the oversized BeCool radiator and I think it made it difference in fit. I had to drill 2 holes in the radiator support so I could mount it. I used 3/4” dense foam to fill the gap. I installed oil lines for a 2008 H2 and they fit perfectly with the fan set. I also got a 2008 fuse box cover and it has the extra compartment for the new relays. I used a harness from BP and it seemed to have heavier wire and it’s very well made and great instructions with pictures… I had to pin 2 wires in ecu plug but it was fairly easy to do. Took it for a test drive and ac has never worked better at a standstill. I might be making things up but it felt like it takes off better. I was really tempted to add a cam but I didn’t want to pull radiator out. I am very happy with the outcome and I wish I would’ve done it sooner. I will try to add some pics later.

Last edited by maxjeep; 05-24-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:39 AM

Sounds like time and $ well spent, that BeCool radiator is an excellent choice.