Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I was wondering about you and your H2 the other day. I would like to see a Humvee thread.
H2 has been perfect and the only issue I have is the passenger sun visor lid is broken at the hinge and they don’t just sell the mirror and they want to sell you a 400 dollar visor. I want to get fans done so I can put the fender liners back in and make some room for Humvee. I’m really excited about it and I have been gathering parts while I wait for my EUC to clear. That’s basically a background check. I found some brand new seats and I have a lift kit for the front to level it out. My friend that painted my trim on my h2 will be painting it gloss black inside and out. I want a real paint job and I will disassemble it so I can get professional results. I have the hard doors for it. I want to go pick it up and tow it home with H2 but I don’t know if it can handle it with the 38’s and hills all made worse by 110 degree temps. I’m sure it can make the 129 mile trip but if I can get it shipped for 350.00 I will probably go that route.

I will be converting to a 4 man and I have everything here waiting

I got 4 of these for 850.00 brand new takeouts for handicap van build.

This is dirty but brand new. I have 2,600 in the 3 doors and I’m looking for the 4th

Old 07-12-2021, 10:24 AM

That is going to be awesome, there are two for sale about 20 miles from me , but I don't think they come with titles.

Old 07-12-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
That is going to be awesome, there are two for sale about 20 miles from me , but I don't think they come with titles.
I bought mine thru gov planet and at check out you have an option to get a title for 100.00 and that should make registration easier because it has a on road title. Prices seem to be reasonable. The trucks are a better buy. I purchased on 5/19 and all paperwork was submitted on 5/21 so I’m hoping for release on 7/22. You could always ask if the ones near you have a title but I think you would get a better deal with auction and probably 10,000 would get you a running vehicle in decent shape with overdrive and a 6.5
i will probably sell my H2 when I finish my Humvee. I love my H2 and it has been amazing but I need a car I can take out of town that gets better than 9mpg. I still haven’t made up my mind and every time I look at it or drive it I want to keep it forever.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:16 PM

I got my Humvee on August 12th and I couldn’t be happier. I have been sorting it out but it is a 135 mile truck! Yes 135 miles. It climbs and it is a beast. I am doing a 4 Man conversion and I have the xdoors and a whole bunch of parts and maintenance items to install.

Last edited by maxjeep; 08-16-2021 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:44 AM

That looks fantastic. I can't wait to watch you build this one.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:19 AM

Nice. I'd have one by now but NY will not allow them to be registered. The dmv made this clear when I registered my H2. Even if you have a clear title from another state.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:54 AM

I really don’t understand why they are treated like the Devil. I can build a car in my garage and cobble together a frame and whatever else I can find and they will register it no questions asked. I will get mine registered and I don’t care if I have to move to another state or country to make it happen. The more I get to know my vehicle the more impressed I am with it. I’m waiting on parts and I need some help and my pressure washer quit on me. I have been doing little meaningless things at a snails pace. I have to get my fans done on my H2 but I need help with either removing the hood or working both sides of the shroud. It’s been so hot it’s hard to work on anything.

Before

After

Messing around with my seats

Old 08-28-2021, 09:33 AM

looking good,
A buddy of mine rode with me when I was looking at a H2 on a lot to purchase prior to purchasing the one I have now but unfortunately they had to send it back as the millage had been tampered with. While looking there they had a HUMVEE sitting there and my buddy purchased it, its a 4 man 91 I believe with the 10,500 axles. I've been working on it for him fixing little things that it needs, he drives it to work and around town he loves it. They are neat trucks with unbelievable capabilities off road, right now I'm in the middle of installing a Red Dot AC unit which is the original units built for the gov to install in the trucks. The 24 volt system on these trucks causes a few issues when adding accessories along with the simple task of jump starting the thing.

Keep us posted,

Neal

Old 08-28-2021, 09:36 AM

down here they send them to Texas first and register them as it is very easy there then sale them to lots in other states.

Neal

Old 08-28-2021, 09:45 AM

I think the ultimate would be a 12v Cummins swap with a manual transmission. That would be the perfect vehicle.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2