Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 10:07 PM

didn't you just have the transmission out. have them double check there work. the transfer case encoder motor connector might have gotten loose or damaged in the process. or cycle through your 4x4 modes to verify if they are functioning correctly. they need to get cycled every once in a while to keep them operational.

Old 11-03-2019, 02:05 PM

did you ever resolve the issue?

Old 11-03-2019, 02:16 PM

I cycled it through a few times and it’s worked ever since. I did get a service 4WD prior to playing with it. I’m doing door handles now and what pain in the azz! I started on the one my kid ripped off and found out that the rod doesn’t fit. I pulled off the other rear to see how the rod was bent and make a mirror image of it. I will get under it at some point and see if anything is obvious with the connection

Old 11-03-2019, 03:57 PM

I installed the 2 rear handles and the rod that I had to massage to match the other one fit perfectly. I robbed the clips off of the other panel so I could finish one side. I like the looks and feel of it a lot better. I think the fronts will be harder but I’m excited to get it done and start the electric fans.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:45 PM

it's always a blessing when issues are simple lol.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:07 PM

Yeah the fronts are considerable more irritating to replace but worth it. The solid feel is much nicer than the plastic handles.

For what its worth - I have a new OEM encoder/motor on the way for my transfer case. Hoping that will fix mine - half the time it will not engage any 4WD modes. The Tech2 says encoder fault so I'm hoping that is all it is. Yesterday and today I replaced both rear air springs and then pulled and rebuilt the leaking hydroboost. Important tip on the hydroboost, the fork at the end of the main piston MUST be engaged with the spool cylinder as you are putting it back together. Miss that and your brake pedal immediately gets pulled to the floor as soon as you start the vehicle and you have to take EVERYTHING totally back off and back apart again to correct that..... That sort of sucked but its working great now.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:14 PM

I like the black and chrome better than all chrome or all black. I’m not looking forward to doing the fronts. I will do the passenger door first because it doesn’t have the keyed lock.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:39 PM

what handles did you use. i just snapped of the damn drivers rear handle and all that comes up on ebay is this https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H2-D...sAAOSw~BRcQQRC they are not finished and look to need some serious sanding before they are even paintable or polished.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by maxjeep

I like the black and chrome better than all chrome or all black. I’m not looking forward to doing the fronts. I will do the passenger door first because it doesn’t have the keyed lock.
Much better...like a handle on a bank vault. Nice work!

Old 11-06-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
what handles did you use. i just snapped of the damn drivers rear handle and all that comes up on ebay is this https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H2-D...sAAOSw~BRcQQRC they are not finished and look to need some serious sanding before they are even paintable or polished.
I looked for new and used because I really wanted the factory made billet ones like Mixmansc has but I found nothing. I went with the only set I could find and they were made by pirate manufacturing and sold from Stallioncustoms.com I got the all chrome and it is a great finish

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2