Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 10:00 AM

I can’t control the mechanical fan but the electric fans can be turned on earlier and build the program around my 160 t-stat and take advantage of my larger radiator. I believe the 2 fans will pull more air thru a larger section of the radiator rather than just the center. I’m getting ready to get a New alternator that’s tested to put out 180amps at idle, so I shouldn’t have any issues with my fans running more than they would at stock settings.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:28 PM

I see a sunroof air deflector in one of the pictures is that for the hummer? Wondering how much they help?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sam!
I see a sunroof air deflector in one of the pictures is that for the hummer? Wondering how much they help?
I believe it to be factory but I removed it because I thought it was rattling. I will clean it and put it back on. I don’t use my sunroof very often. I would assume that it would help air to flow over and not into the cabin.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by maxjeep
I believe it to be factory but I removed it because I thought it was rattling. I will clean it and put it back on. I don’t use my sunroof very often. I would assume that it would help air to flow over and not into the cabin.
Nice thanks for the info. Still following to see how the Fan conversion turns out.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:44 AM

Yep - the sunroof wind deflector is factory and came with all H2's with a sunroof. That being said, they are fairly generic in nature. As long as you can find one that fits it should work fine.

Old 08-24-2019, 01:07 AM

I went to lunch with the owner of Paradise auto body today and he seen my H2 for the first time after it was assembled. He told me that I have the sickest Hummer that he has seen. He said he wants to smooth and paint the roof rack and windshield Molding and my mirrors and door handles. I might do the roof rack but I don’t want to take the door panels off and if I did I would probably do the billet pocket and handle.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:08 AM

i happen to have just removed one rear door panel off last night to repair the broken window mechanism, The panel comes out super easy and seeing how dirty and dry thing are in there i might take them all down just to clean the build up of dirt in the bottom there was enough to hold moisture and or clog the drain hole which is probably how it all got in, also to air pressure clean all the moving parts and relube to let the motors and actuators move easier. may just cost me some plastic door panel clips some tend to break or flatten

Old 08-24-2019, 08:18 AM

This whole thread has been very, informative and entertaining. MaxJeep you have done a heck of a job. Maybe a name change is in order. MaxH2, MaxB.A.H2, Max$pitH2.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
This whole thread has been very, informative and entertaining. MaxJeep you have done a heck of a job. Maybe a name change is in order. MaxH2, MaxB.A.H2, Max$pitH2.
Thank you for following it. Funny thing about my name. I have a 77 CJ7 that my Son Max loves and I would take him out in it when he was 3. I started to tear it down and it was/is a big project. During the build I had the misfortune of a divorce and I lost my home and had to buy another one that just didn’t have the space needed for the project. My Son would ask often when will we get it running and I would tell him that it’s going to be awhile. I went and bought a Polaris RZR so we could start enjoying everything off-road and we had a blast while my project was stalled. The Jeep was going to be his first car once completed. That’s how I came up with Maxjeep. The thread title here was supposed to (MY) for model year 2007 but autocorrect had other ideas.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:39 PM

My Son was mad and grabbed my rear door handle and tore it completely off. I don’t know if it was ready to go or if it was him but the studs pulled out clean and the bottom of the rod was off also. This was a fully functioning unit and it locked and unlocked. I want to replace all of the handles with the billet tubs. Does anyone know what brand to get/ stay away from and where you can get them at?

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2