Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 11:56 AM

well should probably use the lithium in the mean time before you burn out the motor some lube is better then none. i wiped off as much of that old lube as i could get off the track before putting the new stuff. it was old and pasty as you mentioned.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
well should probably use the lithium in the mean time before you burn out the motor some lube is better then none. i wiped off as much of that old lube as i could get off the track before putting the new stuff. it was old and pasty as you mentioned.
It’s well lubed but just has what looks like mulberry seeds or whatever it is they drop. I never use it or open it and as long as it’s closed I will order that secret special expense stuff.
I went to pick up the fan assembly this morning and it’s 44 miles round trip or 6 gallons however you figure it. I get there and the moron is wanting to argue with me about what I told the lady on the phone and what she said she was going to do and what she did. He hands me off to his boss and we start the transaction and I asked can we check it first. We open it up and it’s another 5/7 assembly and he said that’s all I have. I’m not very happy at this point and I tell him just give me a refund. I went to the dealership and ordered a new one for a 2008 H2 and it was 266.00 and should be here tomorrow. I will put the nice set of 7/9 fans in it and call it a day. I did give a pregnant woman a ride home after seeing her car broke down and she was alone. No good deed goes unpunished! Hahaha!

Old 08-01-2019, 05:31 PM

Wow!! Lol - I'd wager that their part interchange system shows that ALL full size GM truck and SUV's can use the same electric fans. Technically that is correct in that they will physically install in all of them from 1999 through 2013 as long as the vehicle has the wider radiator (all H2's have the wide one but some trucks do not but the mounting holes are there).

Want one that is even more fun.... GM's special sauce for weather stripping.

Amazon Amazon

That is for ONE ounce of it!!! That being said, if you compare to inkjet printer ink that mostly gets thrown away soon after its used, that is really not all that terrible. LOL

That fluid is actually just repackaged Uniflour 8170 by Nye Lubricants.... They make a LOT of the very pricey OEM stuff. It IS good stuff though. Another major maker of specialized OEM lubricants is Chemours Krytox (bunch of different part numbers) and I think that they probably have equivalent ones to the Nye products.

What we really need for electrical is the proper GM terminal kit. I really really do want one but, just not gonna happen. haha
https://gmtoolsandequipment.com/en-U...?SKU=J-38125-H

Old 08-01-2019, 05:37 PM

Holy crap that kit is 11,000! I will see if I can find that lubricant somewhere. I think Gm has a sunroof lubricant and I will ask about it when I get my stuff tomorrow, if it comes in

Old 08-01-2019, 08:08 PM

this stuff sounds promising https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...icant-12346241 goes on as a spray then gels to a grease plastic safe and has PTFE

PRODUCT PRIMARY NAME: SUPER LUBE SYNTHETIC-BASED LUBRICANT WITH PTFE ALL SYNONYMS : GOODWRENCH SUPER LUBE

HMB-32
SEE FID #301853 FOR BULK PRODUCT
SUPER LUBE - MULTI PURPOSE LUBRICANT
SUPER LUBE SYNTH LUBRICANT WITH TEFLON (FORMER) SUPER LUBE SYNTH LUBRICANT WITH TEFLON 20029
SUPER LUBE SYNTHETIC LUBRICANT WITH TEFLON (AEROSOL) SUPER LUBE SYNTHETIC-BASED LUBRICANT WITH PTFE TEFLON SPRAY LUBRICANT
TPW776
10-4011

Last edited by bronxteck; 08-01-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:37 PM

I picked up my oem shroud this morning and I’m really happy with it. I have a factory assembly that cost me 266.00. I installed the oem fans and blades that I got from LKQ and I couldn’t be happier with the end results. I have everything I need to complete my project. I don’t know when I will start it but I don’t think I will be able to wait for fall. This is going to be the best upgrade I have done and having the ability to adjust the fans to come on when I want and turn off when I want or just run wherever I want is great. I’m thinking I want both to come on at 170 and anytime the a/c is on I want my fans on unless I’m over 45 mph. I will build my fan setup around my 160 stat and see how it goes. I really think everyone should do this upgrade at some point.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:23 PM

FYI "whenever you want", taken literally, will take some extra work.... I did that on an older truck I used to have. Went in deep water and mud quite a bit and wanted to be able to manually disable the fans as well as be able to manually turn them on. Found a 4 position rotary switch and wired it as "off, auto, low, high". Later added a couple of LED indicator lights as well (forgot them off, or left them on) for the off and either of the on positions. Only on auto would there not be a light on the dash. Also came in handy at stoplights and in heavy traffic once in a while for a little extra boost for the AC. I added a 5 pin relay for the auto/off positions and for low/high just grounded the same wires that the PCM does to the fans relays. In the end I did rarely use the manual control though and remember thinking that all the extra effort, wiring, holes in the dash, etc. to add those manual controls was not worth it.

Last edited by MixManSC; 08-03-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:23 PM

Mixmansc, I’m not good with wiring and if it doesn’t have a end to plug into something, I’m lost. I remember being kids and a few of my friends would install stereo’s, Amps and everything else and I would watch and I just never got it. I think there is a wiring Gene and you either have it or not. I will figure it out when I start my Jeep build because I want the ability to turn it off/on even if I never use it , just like you said its there. I put power to the fans and they both worked really good and my battery cover came in today.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:39 PM

I have been driving my H2 daily and I’m so happy with my transmission and 2,600 stall converter. The tune the guy put on here when he activated my fans is great also. I checked my in town mileage and it was 9.8 and I was not trying to drive it for the best mileage. It drives 1,500 pounds lighter than it did. When I do my fans I will get a very small bump but I think Headers will make a big difference. I put a lot into it but I’m happy with the results!

Old 08-22-2019, 09:49 AM

Yeah there is a tradeoff with electric fans that many do not consider. While you do not have the typical occasional schoolbus roar of the clutch fan and big drag on power when its fully engaged you will get a smaller drag on power occasionally from the alternator when the electric ones kick on high. It is not nearly as bad as the clutch fan though and overall just makes the engine feel more responsive without that clutch fan stuck on the front.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2