Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 11:01 AM

so the fans are wired in and installed?

Old 07-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
so the fans are wired in and installed?
Hahaha! No but I have a pile of stuff in my garage waiting for a few days of cooler weather. I had my computer activated to turn them on once they are installed. I might try to do the pin out of the two wires that are needed for the computer. I just wanted the fans to be activated before I started the project.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:16 PM

Do those pins to the PCM as nearly your last step in running the harness..... You will probably have to move things around, back and forth, etc as you start to fit things and route all the wiring making sure everything reaches where you need it to and you do not want to have to pull them back out (it is easy to do if you need to though).

If you all want a bunch more free info go here ---> https://www.gmupfitter.com/pdflists/view/6

More specifically these are the two files you really want....
https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/med...Electrical.pdf - This file has a ton of info on our electrical systems (03-07). It is for the trucks but GM did not bother to make this doc for our H2. This is the upfitter docs which show a lot of detail on our electrical system which is mostly identical to the trucks. It also shows some of the factory optional switches for things like PTO (power take off, only on deisels), emergency roof lights, snow plow packages, etc

They did make a frame drawing document though which is here - https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/med..._HummerSUV.pdf

Here is a look at our under hood fuse box with the outer shroud removed. Many are not aware of these additional connection points. The two marked at the top are Aux power studs. Typically the right one is used for trailer harnesses, etc and the left one is used for winches, compressors, etc. Many like myself use them for aftermakerket things as well like lighting. The arrow points to where you connect the ring terminal for the factory electric fans. That stud is always hot direct to the battery and not fused. That same stud can also be used for adding an additional fused stud by installing a stud at the other end of the red line and a huge AMG type fuse which links the two studs and can be 200+ amps. That is generally used for adding things that really use a ton of power like a 3000w inverter.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:51 PM

I’m really happy with the quality of The BP harness. See if I’m as happy with after it’s installed!
I will read thru the instructions and see how they say to do it and probably because of Lea the I may not have a lot of options. I think this plug and 12” of wire is for my pin out and then the harness will plug into it.

Last edited by maxjeep; 07-26-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:24 PM

I ordered a new battery today and it should be in on Monday and I will pick it up on Tuesday. The guy that did my fan enable told me that it looks like my battery was starting to go bad. I went with an Odyssey xtreme.

I think it’s around 300.00 and should last 3 or 4 years here.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:42 PM

I really don’t understand shipping sometimes. My fan assembly was a 1,000 miles away yesterday and ups flew it from DFW TX. To Louisville Kentucky so now it’s 1,700 miles away. It seems like there would be a more efficient way to ship it. So ups will have transported it 2,400 miles total and it started out a 1,000 miles away from me.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:34 PM

Perfect choice on the battery.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by citiboy
Perfect choice on the battery.
I think so too. I had a pair in my diesel and they were good. I believe that they have a 3 or 4 year replacement warranty also. I like to buy stuff only one time so I always try to replace everything with better or equal parts.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:58 PM

Excellent choice.
There's Summit Racing in Sparks, Fast Free Shipping too..

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/o...4aAvIlEALw_wcB

Old 07-28-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Excellent choice.
There's Summit Racing in Sparks, Fast Free Shipping too..

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/o...4aAvIlEALw_wcB
I have ordered from that Summit before and they amaze me as in I just ordered stuff and it’s here the next day, even before I get shipping info. Just about everywhere has the same price on this battery or within 5 or 10 dollars. I have a friend that has helped me out with projects and saved me a lot over the last 18 years so I always try to get stuff from him when I can. He’s at 4wheelparts and they are really easy to deal with also.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2