Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 08:38 AM

I went with the Speed Engineering headers and true dual setup, they didn't offer CAT's so I ordered some and will install them myself

I spoke with Jet-Hot Coatings to send the headers to them for coating but they said to install them, break the engine in and then send them for coating.

The 6.2l in the 08 is a VVT engine (L92), GPI (Gwatney Performance) has done a lot of R&D with the new camaro's (L99 with VVT) and has a line of cams for this style of engine so after some research and talking with them I decided on their LLT 2 VVT cam a Circle D 2800 stall for the 6L80 and will have GPI custom tune the set up once complete.

They estimate around 80 HP with the converter and a little more torque, we'll see.

In Louisiana we don't check the tailpipe for anything, still hot rod friendly,

Neal

Last edited by legerwn; 07-21-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:47 AM

That’s great, I can’t wait to see the results.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:39 AM

You are right maxjeep. The exact same fan/radiator size/mounting was used from 1999 through 2013 full size GM trucks and SUV's. Electrically the fans themselves are all the exact same and all use the same style series/parallel relay setup to run them (just later models that is part of the main fusebox instead of a module that mounts to the side of ours). Only a few had an extra duty or heavy duty cooling option which came with the 9/7 blade fans though and it seems many of the aftermarket and even OEM suppliers are not always sure and spec replacements that are the wrong ones.

Looks like TYC and Four Seasons both make an aftermarket one that are truly 9/7 blade ones. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+assembly,2181

Four Seasons is also a good brand. They make many of the OEM AC system components on a lot of different vehicles....

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-21-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:11 AM

looked through the RPO codes and don't see anything designating HD cooling or HD towing so not sure why I have the 7/9 fan combo or maybe I'm not looking for the correct RPO codes

Searching on the net for GM RPO codes for HD cooling looks like the Z82, Z85 and K5L are the ones to look for, I don't don't see any of these on my truck

Neal

Old 07-22-2019, 07:00 PM

I received my 2008 h2 oil lines and the BP Automotive fan harness. Both are good quality and I think it’s going to be a factory look. I’m still trying to get the 7/9 blade assembly and hopefully third times the charm. I wish I would’ve ordered the TYC assembly and been done with it. I have a month or so before I will install it and that will give me time to have my fans turned on in the tune.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:11 AM

I contacted eBay a few days ago and setup a return of the Sonnax Smart Shell that had a defective check valve and wouldn’t hold pressure. They were helpful because seller told me that he’s sorry for my problems but he can’t help because now it’s a used part. Totally unacceptable to expect a buyer to eat a defective 429 dollar part. I got a return label from seller yesterday and the message that he attached was if I can’t put back on the shelf and resale it that he will protest the return. I contacted eBay again and asked them to look into it and read the sellers messages and how he fully intends to resale the defective part. Very bad way to do business and I probably received a returned part myself. My transmission guy Bob helped me out getting it locally and his guy was able to give me a fair deal on the new part. New part worked perfectly. I’m really a brick and mortar guy and this is a perfect example of why. I not going to get to excited about my return until I see it in my account. My 3rd set of fans are on the way and I’m 99% positive it will still be wrong and at that point I will ask for a refund and get the new TYC or = assembly

Old 07-23-2019, 10:27 AM

gm does sell the fan motors and fan blades separate. just need to find out what the PN is for a 9 blade it might be a 92191938

Last edited by bronxteck; 07-23-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
gm does sell the fan motors and fan blades separate. just need to find out what the PN is for a 9 blade it might be a 92191938
GM fans and motors are really expensive. I was looking at the shroud and it was called HD and like 230.00 dollars without anything.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:45 AM

ok but if your going to have 3 sets of assembly's laying around i figured you might want to just get the missing 9 fan blade as it might be cheaper each of the assembly's already has the 7 blade you can swap the 5 for the 9.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:12 AM

Okay, I think im starting to understand. Move the 7 blade over to where the 5 blade is and buy 1 new 9 blade fan. I wasn’t thinking like that but it makes perfect sense. I believe the motors are the same, I would have to check it but as long as the 9 blade fan will attach it should be fine. Thank you for your idea. Edit because I was thinking I could just do a 7/7 and call it a day! What do you think? I have everything to make that happen now and I will have the chance to look at the 3rd set and get the best parts for one assembly

Last edited by maxjeep; 07-23-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2