Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 05:44 PM

The Fans parameters are in the tune but are set to disable, you have a few selections as to enable the fans. There is a selection for 2 fans and the operating parameters are setup for dual fans.

The ECT on temp was around 268* for the first fan and around 287 for the second so the tuner will have to adjust to your liking

like I mentioned this is for the 06 but should be the same for the 07

Neal

Old 07-15-2019, 05:49 PM

268 and 287? That’s degrees? That’s burned up before it turns on. I would like it set much cooler than that.

Last edited by maxjeep; 07-15-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:54 PM

Not sure if it will vary from year to year or from different tune repositories. On the repositories out there you sometimes cannot be certain that whoever did the backup did not fiddle with any settings. This is the settings on the one I have for a 2007 for EFI Live. I also have tunes for all other years. I'll open a couple of others to see if they are much, if any, different.

The thing with ones for the 03-07 models is that none came with electric fans as stock so the values might not be correct. I can also compare to a 2007 GM 6.0 truck (as well as a newer 2008 H2 but that might not be good settings for a 6.0) that did come with stock electric fans and see what that has as well which should be a pretty good baseline.

You will want it set for series/parallel fans for a stock type fan setup.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:06 PM

The 2003-2007 H2's all show the same settings as well as "No Fans" since none came with them stock. The 08 H2 is a totally different configuration with settings on a few different pages.... This one is a 2006 Silverado (LQ9 6.0) and it came up showing fans enabled with slightly different settings for certain fields.
One thing you see on both is fans based on AC are not strictly based on AC temperature but also AC head pressures.

One other thing with electric fans. I think the H2's already come with at least a 135A alternator but if not you will need to upgrade to at least one of that capacity or even better like 145A or higher. Anything less will not be able to handle the load when the fans kick on....

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-15-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM

That’s really cool stuff! So everything is there and if you were happy with those perimeters you would just change that top box that it has fans? Or am I messed up?

Old 07-15-2019, 06:56 PM

That is all there is to it.... literally only takes a few seconds. I did just look at that harness from BP Auto and that is also top notch and using OEM grade connectors, etc. Will be curious if it will fit where the OEM one goes under that additional little lid. I think it probably will. When you have the shroud off the fusebox, there is a stud exposed which connects to the battery positive. You put the positive ring terminal from the fan harness there. The thin blue and green wires must be put into the PCM connectors. It really is pretty straightforwards. When you pull the two giant connectors off the PCM (bolted on) be careful removing the grey plastic cover pieces, easy to break the clips off but they are not really required. The giant connectors have numbers stamped into the top of the metal housing so finding the correct pin number is easy. Stick a pick into the empty pin spot first to puncture the rubber seal, then push the pin down into it. You will see an understand when you have it unplugged....

You can of course tweak the settings some to your liking as legerwin said. If you want to lower the cut on temps some than by all means.... For mine, here in brutally hot SC I'm going to be lowering things some, including lowering the AC pressures a bit as well. I want to be sure I'm sitting cool even at a stoplight.

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-15-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:14 PM

I was told by BP tech that it will fit and the 40amp fuses will handle the 7/9 blade fans. I really like that harness the best out of all the ones I have seen. PCM of NC is nice too but I don’t like the relays mounted low on the shroud BP has them in the stock fuse location and the watertight fuse box mounted to the back of the fuse shroud. Good stuff

Old 07-15-2019, 08:03 PM

I agree you need to be careful with the tunes pulled from the repository as you really don't know if anyone has tampered or change them, the tune I pulled is from the HP Tuners repository

Neal

Old 07-15-2019, 10:14 PM

Maybe someone can help me out with my thinking. I get my ecm tuned for my fans so is there any way to make that part of my stock tune? I’m concerned that if I get a custom tune and it stores/ restores stock tune, will I have a problem because mine didn’t come with fans? I really don’t know how any of this works and I probably didn’t ask the question right. Every time I get a new tune for the engine/transmission and return to stock I think I will not have my fans working, can I make fan tune part of the stock tune? Worst question asking ever...

Old 07-16-2019, 07:05 AM

Do it like I did.... If using your own tuner or having a shop do it for you, change your stock tune to only enable the fans first and foremost and write that back the the PCM. Then going forward any changes will use that as your baseline for future modifications. That is really all you can do.

IF you ever replace the PCM for some reason or you take it to a GM dealer or someone with a Tech2 it is possible they could load an update to the PCM that overwrites the settings. Those two (rather unlikely) scenarios are just something that you must be aware of going forward.

The third issue is if for some reason you get a custom tune done and rather than start with your stock tune as a baseline and modify that, you or someone instead starts with a generic tune from a tune repository (likely from HP Tuners or EFI Live). In the latter case then the fans would need to be enabled in that tune.

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-16-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2