Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Lower control arm to torsion bar. Is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 12:14 PM
Default Lower control arm to torsion bar. Is this right?

My torsion bar is twisted in the hole of my new control arm. I know a little bit of twist is fine but this looks like more than the oem ones. These are precision brand from oreilly’s and they looked pretty nice. The ck ones I bought from moog along with the ck uppers were all junk.

if something is wrong someone reply fast cuz im about to drop this thing and send her down the road. I got **** to do today. 😂

Old 05-26-2024, 01:55 PM

This is my 2007

Old 05-26-2024, 01:57 PM

I think you have the wrong control arm possibly

Old 05-26-2024, 08:22 PM

Just to update everyone. I’m loosing my mind. These are the correct arms. 100%. However due to either this slop or the indexing of the keyway, I cannot obtain the correct ride height. Therefore cannot correctly align the truck. Its sitting on the bump stops cambered in about 3 degrees with the keys all the way cranked.

I am 100% sure in my installation. There really isn’t any way to screw this up. Just found a thread about this issue. Only way to solve it is to get good control arms or get new adjustable keys. Apparently even many of the AcDelco control arms are this way.

Swear to god every single thing I do I deal with some bull**** like this. It’s getting old. Is it really just too much to ask for people and companies to do the bare minimum?

im going to measure the set of junk moog cks with the ripped ball joints and compare to the precision and oem and report back.

Old 05-26-2024, 10:59 PM

good thing you are doing the work. a shop probably would have just sent you on your way with it like that and if you complain then tell you your torsion bars are worn out. then when you return they then tell you you need new keys. 3 jobs out of you.

Old 05-27-2024, 10:08 AM

I've read on the Moog CK, which is supposed to be their premium line, is that on lower volume parts that they cut the quality and on CK control arms the only actual premium part is they have the Problem Solver greasable ball joint but the rest is the cheaper RK basic junk.

Old 05-27-2024, 02:32 PM

Here's what mine looks like:

Old 05-28-2024, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Here's what mine looks like:

Thanks. Mine are definitely the worst I’ve seen on these trucks, but I’m still not too worried about stripping the keyway. That would still take an immense amount of force.

The moog ck and oem measured almost exactly the same diameter. However the hole on these precisions is nearly 2mm BIGGER!

I ordered some adjustable index torsion keys from summit. $250 but at least I won’t have to tear the entire front end apart again. Literally. You have to remove everything up there to get these out.

I think I may as well level it out while I’m doing this since the keys will be capable of that and I already have the longer shocks. What kind of caster are y’all able to get still while leveled? Is 3.5 still doable?

Old 05-28-2024, 09:21 PM

I adjusted the front to just touch the bumpers and worked with the rear coils to get an absolute zero rake and flat ride. After that I sent it off to the alignment shop. Here's the results: 3.5 caster was exactly what I was shooting for and worked out perfectly!