Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Lower control arm ball joint replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Default Lower control arm ball joint replacement

I currently am going thru my 08 and replacing the upper control with a new premium Moog arm. The boot on the original was shot and considering I have 97k on the truck I thought I would just replace the whole assembly.

Here comes the question, unfortunately, moog does not make a premium replacement that is better then the original. Has anyone on the forum done a ball joint replacement on the vehicle, if so how bad was it?

Actually the upper and lower ball joints were not bad, its just that the upper had a torn boot and no zerc and I did not just want to replace the boot considering I need to separate the joint anyway. Suggestions?

Old 07-03-2021, 12:20 PM

Look for Moog Sever duty or Kryptonite ball joints. The lowers are really not that prone to failure like the uppers. Don't forget to buy new castor/camber plates and bolts. I probably have a set that I will send you for free if you cover the shipping. I've sold my H2.

Tim