Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Looking for LED Headlight/Fog light

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 04:41 AM

I was thinking about getting the LED “bulbs” for the standard housing but didn’t want to be “that guy” on the road at night. I ended up getting a set of Philips +100’s. I had the +80’s on my JK and it made a HUGE difference, so I figured these new +100’s would be even better, especially since the JL halogens are actually good, to begin with. Totally shocked and impressed with how good they look. A MUCH more full and bright low beam, and high beams that look like the old KC Daylighter driving beams https://10carbest.com/best-jeep-wrangler-led-headlights I had on my JK. So good in fact, that I’m thinking about omitting a set of off-road driving beams and just adding a set of Rigid side shooter Hyperspots by themselves and calling it good.

The Philips +80 and +100’s (now called extreme vision I think) have filaments that are more tightly wound, smaller gauge, and slightly longer to reshape light output. Still the DOT legal wattage and lumen output. I did have to re-aim the lenses though (as I did with the JK) since the beam is more intense and projects out a bit further. A couple twists down is all it took, and now the low beam pattern is noticeably more intense with no hot/ dead spots, and projects down the road a bit further with a well defined cut off and no glare/ scatter.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:18 PM

FYI, the 4 inch foggies do fit, but are way small.
basically when you put them in, be prepared for a gap