Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Looking for LED Headlight/Fog light

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 10:40 AM
Default Looking for LED Headlight/Fog light

Het all,
I am looking for a set of matching headlights and fog lights for my 03 H2.
I am hoping to get the brightest lights available
I dont care what kind of LED they are as long as they are reliable and bright
I would like to have the lit circle around the edge of the light that alot of lights have now a days (i think they might be called angel eyes???)
Also, I am not looking to spend a small fortune on these.
Also, I am not really looking for something that isnt plug and play, not really looking to dig into rewiring the truck.
Currently I have HID bulb replacements for the Headlights and LED bulb replacements for the Fogs.

Synth, LoJac, anyone... all help is appreciated

Old 10-16-2016, 10:54 AM

Any 7" light will fight the headlights & any 4" will fit the fogs... with modification. I'm just mentioning this in case anyone comes across this thread later on down the road.

I don't know the max bucket depth that will fit. If someone could provide that, that would help a ton!

Oracle Lights offers a ton options for what you want.
For Pre-Sealed 7" Headlights, they offer a colorshift model. The benefit is that you can have the halos double as DRLs (they are white, so 100% legal) and they will triple as a 2nd set of signal lights (they flash as amber & should be 100% legal)

They are plug & play.

7" High Powered LED Headlights (Pair) - Black Bezel - Replacement LED Headlights and Fogs - High Powered LED Replacement Lights and Sealed Beams - ORACLE Automotive Lighting Products

More pics:
5769/5770 - Replacement LED Headlights and Fogs - Photo Gallery

As for the Fogs, here's what I found:
High Powered LED Fog Light Replacements-(Pair) - Replacement LED Headlights and Fogs - High Powered LED Replacement Lights and Sealed Beams - ORACLE Automotive Lighting Products

More Pics:5775 - Replacement LED Headlights and Fogs - Photo Gallery

I can link the halo kits if you're interested, but that uses the stock housing.
As for how bright these are, they should be brighter than what you're using, but I have no idea how they compare to other options.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:05 AM

thanks Sythn

I also was able to dig up a video on some of the headlights that show the lux vs lumen for each. its interesting, since i never knew about lux

Old 10-16-2016, 11:15 AM

Here are all of the direct retrofit kits:
Advanced Automotive Concepts - PRODUCTS - HUMMER - HALO KIT

Old 10-16-2016, 11:29 AM

Another option is this guy:
2X 7'' 105W HID LED Headlight H4 H13 DRL Hi Lo Beam for Jeep JK Wrangler Hummer | eBay

It's self-explanatory.

These are so much cheaper than halos. The halo kit (pre-assembled) will break $600 easily (over $800 if you want the colorshift wifi option). These are somewhere around $140. I just know it's not what you're looking for. I figured I'd mention it, just as a second option.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 PM

I think you already know but I run the Phillips heads with the straight DRL strips which those alone are insanely bright. Paired with my 4" LED lights in the DRL's. Everything matches just fine and throws out plenty of light. That is probably your cheapest route but they will not have the angel eyes you're looking for.

Personally I think the angel eye look is only meant for BMW's but that's just me.

Also the Phillips will require enlarging the hole on the back of the headlight bucket to get them to fit. It's not hard work but does require it. Some of the other lights are plug and play.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:47 AM

One of my buddies managed to squeeze in some Mercedez G-wagon projectors into his rig!

https://www.drive2.com/l/6849026/

Have a look in google chrome so it translates everything.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
One of my buddies managed to squeeze in some Mercedez G-wagon projectors into his rig!

https://www.drive2.com/l/6849026/

Have a look in google chrome so it translates everything.
Looks like he's using the 02-06 model's headlights.
There's a lot of aftermarket 7" G-Wagon headlights that look like they'll work.

I'm glad you brought this up, Bladfox.
I forgot that your buddy had installed headlight washers. That's just badass. If you have to do any modifications to make headlights fit, it's worth doing that mod along with it.

https://www.drive2.com/l/8217664/

Old 10-19-2016, 08:30 AM

This is another option: 7" speaker headlights + 4" fogs (both sets are LED & Halo)
$170 gets you home. Not a bad price. You can use the fogs as a 3rd set of turn signals or just DRLs (there must be a way to wire in both). They are also IP68 rated.

LED Halo Headlights LED Fog Light DRL Combo Kit for Jeep Wrangler JK 2007 2016 | eBay

I'm not sure how much light you want to put out.
The 7" Cree bulbs (with the triple row, center for low beam, top & bottom for high beam) can put out either 1750lm or 3000lm on low (75w vs 105w versions). Highs range from 3000lm to 5500lm (again 75w vs 105w)

This kit is 1800lm/2700lm. The fogs are 1400lm.
I know you can easily have too much light & blind people. Also, take into account what temperature they are. The higher you go, the more the color changes to pure white (5000k) and then blue. For the sanity of other drivers, lower kelvin is better 3000; I just don't know what the stock bulbs were rated for.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:34 AM

Not all LED lights are created equal.

And not all manufacturers specs are realisitic.

I have the JW Speaker ones waiting to be installed.

Read this, and watch their videos:
Which 7 Inch Round LED Headlight Is Best? ? Better Automotive Lighting

Quick Reply: Looking for LED Headlight/Fog light