Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Looking for Brush Grill Guard in Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 11:05 PM
Default Looking for Brush Grill Guard in Chrome

Hello! I'm looking to add a front brush grill guard in chrome and and looking for suggestions. I'd be open to OEM in good condition as well as a good aftermarket model. Are there any good aftermarket models I should look for or are there any to avoid? Specifically, I don't want to get one that will have rust issues. Thanks in advance!

Old 11-23-2023, 12:09 AM

There’s always one for sale on Marketplace or Craigslist and salvage yards. Or if you want to pay shipping there’s plenty on eBay.

Old 11-25-2023, 01:41 AM

Google it. Someone makes an identical one to the OEM chrome.

Old 12-03-2023, 11:12 AM

OK - So I have seen a couple types of Brush Guards...

Note that GM sold two variants of the Lower Front Grille - one without brush guard, and one with brush guard. The latter has a cut out from the guard to mount to the hood hinge... you may need to replace your lower front grille to add the brush guard.

17801174 - OEM Brush Guard - This is the dual style and comes with two mount points for more stability - a bottom mount to the hood hinge and a top mount to the hood frame. Note that if you get this used, you need the brush guard bolts for the hood hinge (part 11516328 - still available) and longer bolts with spacers to replace the OEM short frame bolt for the top mounting point. Better to get the bolts and spacers with the package.

15186597 - OEM Brush Guard - this is the single guard style and comes with one mount point to the hood hinge. Most I have seen are black...

Aires - Since GM OEM is no longer available except typically as used on eBay or other sites, they offer the double style in both black and chrome. These are currently available on sites like Amazon. Chrome is more expensive than black. Photo is from the Aires site with MSRP... you may see some Chinese knock offs on Amazon as well... not sure it would recommend any of those...

Predator Brush Guards - These are still in production. They sell two, a smaller Search and Rescue guard and a larger D-Ring Brush Guard. Neither are in chrome... only black

Search and Rescue Brush Guard

D Ring Brush Guard

Hummercore - offers a guard similar to the Predator D-Ring. Black only...

Old 12-09-2023, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the replies! I hadn't thought of salvage yards. I might want to see what I can find if there are any nearby.

Thanks Brunob00!! That information was very helpful! I should've clarified that I'm looking for the "double style" in Chrome (or better yet, polished stainless steel) -- 17801174. The comment about avoiding the cheap knock-offs is the type of information I was looking for, along which reproductions would be worthwhile. I've found an OEM in chrome on eBay, but it is for local pickup only. The Aries look good -- just a bit on the expensive side. I did find a reasonable one on eBay, but it is also local pickup only.

Old 12-10-2023, 11:06 AM

Also ceck Facebook Marketplace... Hummer parts and part-outs pop up there all the time. Challenge is most sellers will not ship an item this large due to the cost to box, package and ship. I shipped an H2 grille this summer, which is lighter than a brush guard, and shipping was $166, not including the box and packaging.

Old 12-11-2023, 10:14 PM

Hi, I have this one that I removed from my 08 and now is in storage. I was holding onto it in case I sold my H2 off and to keep its value. I live in Albuquerque NM which is a reasonable road trip to come pick it up. For the right price I might get it out of storage and consider selling it off. This one came on my H2 from the factory so its not one of those Chinese crap ones and in perfect condition. Shoot me a private email if your interested.

Old 12-26-2023, 02:57 PM

@H2-SUT Just saw your post and sent you a PM. Thanks