Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Levelling with rear air ride....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 02:01 PM

I looked and cannot find where I ordered the stuff. The rear was basic coil spring spacers and yes I did get reindexed torsion bar keys for the front.

To do the rear though, that is pretty fiddly and yes you need a Tech2 to observe the sensor voltages, deflate, and reinflate the air springs, etc when you are working on it along with cutting the sensor shafts in half and running a die down the cut shafts to make threads on them so you can use a tube nut to extend them.

I do remember that the rear coil spring spacers I got were metal. I also had to buy longer bolts to install them because you need to put the plastic air spring centering block on top of the spacers. This takes a bit of care to not tighten it too much as you do not want to crack those centering blocks.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:27 PM

MixManSC Great job and seems to make perfect sense!

Q. How do you tune the tire size?

Old 01-10-2021, 10:30 AM

On a PCM tune/calibration on a GM when the tire size is changed it does a couple of things. One is it corrects the speedometer, the other which is also pretty important that many do not realize is that it also affects the transfer case and transmission by adjusting pressures and shift points to better work with the specific size tires installed.

With a Tech2 some GM vehicles have a place where you can choose from a pre-defined list of tire sizes. I forget where you select for that off the top of my head though. I've not checked to see if the H2 gives that option.

I also have a full EFILive setup which can do full custom tuning. With that you can of course do custom engine tuning to take maximum advantage of performance upgrades like headers, camshafts, etc by modifying the VE tables, timing tables, you can adjust all the shift points, pressures, etc in the transmission, and you can also modify the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp aka check engine light) parameters like disabling certain ones. For example you can turn off monitoring of the O2 sensors if you remove the catalytic converters or remove the EGR system (if equipped), adjust for different tire sizes (beyond what a Tech2 might allow for), A Tech2 is still more useful for troubleshooting and getting at things like the air suspension controller, and other modules but really doe not let you modify much of anything beyond factory parameters. EFILive (HP Tuners is very popular) is really more just for custom engine/transmission tuning and has no ability to access modules like the air suspension and do much in the way of diagnostics.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:25 PM

NIce looking H2. Like the wheels and tires.

Old 01-10-2021, 04:54 PM

Thank you!