Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Left Power Window Switch (DDM) P/No ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 05:44 PM
Default Left Power Window Switch (DDM) P/No ?

Not a good day, had some bad luck and fried my module ....

For an 05, RockAuto offer an original as "GM GENUINE 15883429" however the P/No on mine is 15251167, I'm assuming GM have up-issued the number.

My truck has the Global Window Up/Down and Auto Day/Night function.

Before committing, does anyone know if the R/A one will work OK?

Any info much appreciated...

Old 03-02-2021, 07:17 PM

15883429 is the new part number for 15251167 so it should work.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:19 PM

Update info takes a lot of time to get to your side of the pond!

Old 03-03-2021, 05:40 AM

Thanks guys you've been most helpful

In an effort to understand more, as you can see, once again I've been busy. One thing I have found, the CPU board is 4-layer with signal tracks on the top, inner and middle layers, the remaining inner layer is a GND plane.

One design issue is the +12V battery voltage tracks run alongside signal tracks on the exposed layers, so when damp gets in, 12V shorts to the signal tracks and fries any associated chips, usually the CPU.

Sadly I accidentally shorted a CPU clock line to +12V and bang, dead. I have another module which had damp in it and corroded tracks, this suffered a similar fate.

Water getting in them is bad news I fear.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:15 AM

are you sure the chip is dead maybe you just killed the oscillator if it uses an external one. looks like it does from your cad drawing.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:49 PM

Oh 200% positive on that one, the 4Mhz crystal is running OK.

I swapped the CPU with one from a "not quite so" dead module, hoping the CPU wasn't bricked. The board signals burst back into life, but of course it still doesn't work.

Every picture is worth .....
Here is with the CPU removed...

now the other one fitted.

The CPU ran for an hour then stopped with a signal lines frozen, very strange. I checked and it looks like a multilayer capacitor overheated and de-soldered itself taking out the cpu on the way.

New one on order!

Old 03-03-2021, 06:50 PM

did you swap the eeprom too? i don't think a capacitor would take out the cpu as there would be no ac ripple in a dc circuit. an overload could take out some board vias though

Last edited by bronxteck; 03-03-2021 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:01 PM

The CPU is flash programed, so no EEPROM actually.

Something caused the cap to heat up and drop off, I came back land it was gone, perhaps it simply broke down because of some over voltage.

I've actually reverse-engineered the entire PCB, have yet to workout how to program the CPU, if it can be done in isolation.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:25 PM

If it helps.... back when I added the global windows function to mine I did a bunch of digging to find valid part numbers for the 05+ models that came with that feature since the only way to make the global windows buttons work was to replace the DDM. Sometimes you can find superseded part numbers on eBay etc for cheaper than another with identical functionality. A couple are in addition to the part numbers already mentioned earlier in the thread.

Part #s 15883429, 15211502, 15100499, 15251167, 25770604

I cannot remember off the top of my head if I attempted it (I want to think I did) but on my wifes Tahoe I added factory fog lights. No matter what I tried I was unable to get them to start working through the BCM until..... I chose replace and reprogram in TIS2000 using "offline" passthrough programming. I basically built a wiring harness (with PCM, and OBDII connectors) for bench programming modules with EFILive. Figured I'd give it a go with the Tech2 and just tied the power and data lines into the BCM, scored eBay for about 2 minutes to find a near identical Tahoe but that had factory fog lights. Used the VIN from the one on eBay in TIS2000 and reprogrammed the BCM successfully that way. Put it back in the Tahoe and the factory fog lights I added now work perfect.

I suspect that technique might be possible to enable the factory fog light control programming and I/O pins in our H2 BCM's and it might also work for reprogamming a DDM and other modules. Since most eBay listings for vehicles have the VIN number included it is just a matter of finding the right vehicle with the right options (helps a lot if they also show a photo of the RPO codes label from the glove box which many wrecking yards do in their listings) to truly have a comprehensive list of options. You really have to be aware of the options too. Our H2's for example came with 2 different types of Bose amplifiers, program your BCM with the wrong one and it will not work right...

I also at one point on the BCM scenario with my wifes Tahoe, set the Tech2 to reprogram her BCM in TIS2000 which writes the programming to the linear flash card in the Tech2. Then I took the card and put it into an older laptop I have which has a PCMCIA slot and used some liner flash software to explore the card to see if I can look closer at the BCM programming for anything recognizable in plain text like the DIC (driver info center) messages. Did not find much but it has been a while. Would be pretty neat if we could reverse engineer the BCM code and be able to put custom messages, etc in. On 08+ models that is much easier but on 99-07 GM trucks there is only one guy who has cracked that code that I am aware of. Guys name is Chris White and he owns https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ I know many have asked him over the years on some of the GM truck forums how he figured it out and how he does it but he has never told anyone that I know of.

Just some random thoughts.....

Old 03-04-2021, 04:06 PM

Thank you for your ideas, all adds to the knowledge base

My new module is on it's way,..

Question will it need programming?

Quick Reply: Left Power Window Switch (DDM) P/No ?