Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

left blend door actuator? or something else

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 05:49 PM
Default left blend door actuator? or something else

hey guys so on my 2003 hummer h2, the left side is always stuck on hot while the passenger is fine and seems to work.
however for the driver side it seems like it blows hot air to the feet as well not sure if that makes a difference.
on the climate control module thingy, i can always switch the modes and stuff and that works fine but for my driver side it will always blow hot air

is this just the driver side blend door actuator? or something else

Old 04-30-2020, 06:11 PM

Sounds like the drivers blend door actuator to me, it's on the passengers side underneath the glove box, you just take the plastic off under the glove box, it's an easy one to replace
​​​​​

Last edited by hummer_on_fumes; 04-30-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:57 AM

Hi .Wondering if one of the senior members might help diagnose my jeeps problem? So I cant run my blower system to the desired temperature, Its ether hot and if you turn it down it goes cold nothin in-between . Also nothing coming out any of the ports except from the window de frost .I was told it could be the blend door actuator and did find the one that sits above the pedals on the driver side of the jeep. I put my hand up and physically turned this acctuator and the air flow then diverted to the forward ports (but still ether hot or cold nothing in-between ) . it will run like this but when I switch the ignition off the blend door actuator then defaults back to the windscreen defrost. ? The first advice I got was to change out the blower motor resistor control module that is above the footwell passenger side. I did this and it made no difference. Next advice was to change the inside ambient air temp sensor ( above the drivers head next to the on star mic ) I changed this and still no difference. I have tried every reset on the inter-web to try kicking it back to normal with no avail .Has anyone any ideas what I could try next.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:19 AM

Jeep???

Old 08-25-2020, 09:33 AM

you need to pull some codes or test your system with a good bidirectional scanner like a tech2. there are many parts to the A/C system that can give problems. there are sensors on the front right corner of the truck, there is the one you replaced plus there are a few more in the cabin duct work you then have the blend doors and blend the door modules also the climate control module it self.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:42 AM

Truck ????

Old 08-25-2020, 09:54 AM

I do have a not so expensive OBD and this helped me some codes for an evap problem !!! but probably not advanced enough for this problem as it reads no codes stored . Looks like I shall have to find a garage in rural France that has the tech needed to diagnose this one for me (gonna be hard ) as they are still running around in clogs here Thanks bronxtech for your input.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:32 AM

SAAB, OPEL,Vauxhall, ISUZU, SUZUKI mechanic might have a Tech2

Old 08-25-2020, 10:51 AM

Cool!! I try the Vauxhall garage !!So do you agree its possible the scanner I have is just not up for the job ??

Old 08-25-2020, 12:50 PM

Ah - sorry - Jeep is a very distinct brand of off road vehicles here in the US. Did not realize you were in Europe and that Jeep might be considered a type of vehicle there.... H2 is not a Jeep, just as a CLIO is not a Peugeot.

Another one - SAAB dealers might even have a GM specific card for a Tech2 scanner.

Also some more info in this thread. - https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...tors-ac-43575/

Quick Reply: left blend door actuator? or something else