Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

LED Scuff Plates

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 11:23 PM
Default LED Scuff Plates

Ok, I have a 06 H2 and I知 trying to install LED scuff plates I ordered for the front doors. Because of where I live and the pandemic I知 unable to get a professional to do it. I got everything I need off the one YouTube video of someone installing them on an H2 but for some reason they never specify which color wire they are splicing into for the dome light. I got a test light and confirmed it works but it seems like I致e tested every wire in the wire bundle I知 supposed to with no luck. I know this post is a long shot but I知 at the end of my rope trying to figure it out. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:55 AM

Does this help? Sorry for bad quality I had to use snipping tool.

Old 12-29-2020, 02:51 PM
Default Thank

Originally Posted by fastNYsix
Does this help? Sorry for bad quality I had to use snipping tool.

this looks like exactly what I need although it is pretty blurry. Going to try and print it out see if it helps. Thank you I really appreciate it.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:29 PM

What I think you want is the power wires to the B pillar courtesy lamps. That seems like that would be the easiest and closest wires to access for that. There is a light down low near the floor there and could be used for both the front and rear sill plates (if it is a set of 4). Those wires (on both sides and also for the rear door courtesy lamps) is grey/black (positive) and black (negative).

Old 12-29-2020, 05:21 PM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by MixManSC
What I think you want is the power wires to the B pillar courtesy lamps. That seems like that would be the easiest and closest wires to access for that. There is a light down low near the floor there and could be used for both the front and rear sill plates (if it is a set of 4). Those wires (on both sides and also for the rear door courtesy lamps) is grey/black (positive) and black (negative).
thanks man I知 going to open it back up tomorrow and see if it works. Will let you know.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:18 PM
Default Sigh

ok found the grey/black wire that goes on and off with the courtesy lights and hooked my positive to it. Not sure if it痴 to the low light in the middle you mentioned though. Ready to hook the negative to a black ground and my question is does it make a difference which black ground wire I hook to. The other thing is most of the dark wires look brown instead of black. I thought they may just be faded from time but the grey/black is definitely black.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:36 AM

Not sure if any other wiring is right there where those lights are. The schematics just say solid black is negative and the grey/black is positive. I'd assume there might be more than one black since the same wires feed the courtesy lights in the rear doors too.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:01 PM

Not sure if any other wiring is right there where those lights are. The schematics just say solid black is negative and the grey/black is positive. I'd assume there might be more than one black since the same wires feed the courtesy lights in the rear doors too.

in the YouTube video I watched the guy grounded to one of the wires in this bunch. I truly appreciate you taking the time out to help

Old 12-30-2020, 05:33 PM

i believe he meant to tap into the b-pillar light bulb socket harness directly not the main harness loom but if those are the same wires then i guess your good.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:35 PM

Yep, that was my thinking. Those B pillar lights are down pretty low on the pillar so should be able to maybe pop the bottom of one edge out some to get at the wires to the light. That way you know 100% you have the right ones. There can be a lot of things that use the exact same color wires for different functions.