Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

HVAC Issue - Cold cabin air

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 09:26 AM

Usually on the aspirator the thing that fails is the fan bearing. It is just a cheapo sleeve bearing if I remember right and they start chattering and buzzing. I've tried cleaning them before (physically removing the fan from the shaft) and lubing. Quiets them down for a bit but is only a short term fix. Easy and cheap enough to just replace the things when they start making noise. Most are not even aware that is what is in the headliner and think there is a mic or something there until the little fan fails. If the fan dies you can also simply just yank the fan wheel off the shaft. Will stop the noise from the failing fan but inside temps will not be as accurate anymore. If the thermistor in it fails then yeah, that is a different issue and will really screw with temps.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:59 PM

out of curiosity i pulled mine. the thermistor and fan had dust on them. the fan pulled off easily and i added a drop or two of superlube oil it was out of the truck already so why not. i did not have an issue wit it that i noticed but since this thread came up i was curious.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Where is the video?
Normal operating temperature: 195°-210°F will take more than 3 miles to achieve, when driving in low ambient temperatures. Check your fuel trims, cold rich/warm lean.
Finally got round to changing the thermostat, temperature now reads 202°Fon a 5mile run with an outside ambient of 52°F.

The old one may have worked as a thermostat, but the seal was very corroded/degraded, coolant may have been bypassing the mechanism.

The thermostat housing wasn't loose, but the mating faces were quite corroded too, they took some cleaning-up, it may have been leaking/seeping.

Performing the GM "traditional" thermostat check may not have resolved the problem, anyway thermostats are relatively cheap ($12) so it has to be better to just swap it out, it's not worth the risk or effort of just replacing a seal. The coolant was more expensive.

BTW there is a video on the aspirator .....

Old 11-19-2021, 04:44 PM

Nice work, now ur saving pounds on petrol.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Nice work, now ur saving pounds on petrol.
So @hummerz you are absolutely correct, the difference is quite remarkable, I put it somewhere around 15% to 20%

Old 05-05-2022, 05:21 PM

Spot-On. Driving while the engine operating temperature level is not reached, your vehicle will have increased fuel consumption 12%-20%+.

Old 05-06-2022, 01:28 AM

Thanks to your keen eyes on the Tech2 data hummerz
Was barely noticeable on guage.