Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

HVAC Issue - Cold cabin air

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:30 PM

I must remember to wear a mask, don't wanna catch Covid...

Old 03-23-2021, 09:04 PM

make sure to have chapstick and lube :P

Old 03-31-2021, 07:22 PM

Update
======

Finally got the beast back on the road. After all said and done, it was just a tiny thermistor (Aspirator) that must have died, probably due to the charging surge. I've fixed my original sensor and its working fine.

Have to say I now know almost all there is to know about the Aspirator, circuit, components, operation the lot!

Yes the HVAC Module had some "arcing" on PCB but it survived, so my original unit is fine

So now on my living room table I have a brand New Dorman A/C Module, a new GM Aspirator (Cabin Inside Temperature Sensor) and a brand new Tech2.

hummerz you said the coolant temperature should be 195°-210°F, well mine is 190 after a 3 mile run.so 2.5% below the minimum. My truck temp has always been the same, rock soli, they only thing I can think of is that it's been converted to run on LPG.

It still runs on gasoline (as all LPG vehicles do) , and either the temperature is the same, so it's not a fuel thing.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a "vaporizer" in the coolant circuit used to heat the liquid gas, perhaps the extra lines and vaporizer add a little extra cooling, but you would think the thermostat would compensate?

Could it simply be a bad thermostat?

Old 03-31-2021, 07:26 PM

did you replace the thermistor in the original GM Aspirator unit or just clean it and lube the fan?

Last edited by bronxteck; 03-31-2021 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:01 PM

So I just looked at thermostats on RA, the all seem to be 186/187 degrees (one is even 180) , am I worrying unnecessarily?

Old 03-31-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Update
======

Finally got the beast back on the road. After all said and done, it was just a tiny thermistor (Aspirator) that must have died, probably due to the charging surge. I've fixed my original sensor and its working fine.

Have to say I now know almost all there is to know about the Aspirator, circuit, components, operation the lot!

Yes the HVAC Module had some "arcing" on PCB but it survived, so my original unit is fine

So now on my living room table I have a brand New Dorman A/C Module, a new GM Aspirator (Cabin Inside Temperature Sensor) and a brand new Tech2.

hummerz you said the coolant temperature should be 195°-210°F, well mine is 190 after a 3 mile run.so 2.5% below the minimum. My truck temp has always been the same, rock soli, they only thing I can think of is that it's been converted to run on LPG.

It still runs on gasoline (as all LPG vehicles do) , and either the temperature is the same, so it's not a fuel thing.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a "vaporizer" in the coolant circuit used to heat the liquid gas, perhaps the extra lines and vaporizer add a little extra cooling, but you would think the thermostat would compensate?

Could it simply be a bad thermostat?
Where is the video?
Normal operating temperature: 195°-210°F will take more than 3 miles to achieve, when driving in low ambient temperatures. Check your fuel trims, cold rich/warm lean.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:29 PM

Was a hot day here today, very unusual for the UK but not to worry we've got an arctic blast coming in for Easter

I'll take look at the trims and give the truck a longer run.

What video were you expecting, lots of topics packed in here...

Old 03-31-2021, 09:38 PM

Aspirator fix.

As it's NOT raining for once in the UK, I'll have a go at pulling the aspirator unit out, may even make a video.

Thanks again for waking me up on this point.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:55 PM

Was a hot day here today, very unusual for the UK but not to worry we've got an arctic blast coming in for Easter
50's is Hot? Correction: 70's is warm. Yesterday's high here was 73°. Tomorrow's high here is 34°.

Last edited by hummerz; 03-31-2021 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:57 AM

Aspirator fix coming as soon as confidence higher, 75% at the moment. 🌨️☀️🌧️🌡️

Quick Reply: HVAC Issue - Cold cabin air