Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

HVAC Issue - Cold cabin air

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 07:05 PM

I had looked up some of these are on point as well. There are a few out there with some minor differences but I'm not sure if functionality would be affected. One I've seen is the defroster button on some indicated for mirrors while others indicate for the rear window. I do also know that GM made a change I believe in 2004 (there is a GM TSB on it) in the display itself. On a 2003 the snowflake icon has a barely visible line through it and if the snowflake icon is on that means that the AC is OFF - since the line through it was hardly noticeable GM changed the display to remove the thin slash through the snowflake and changed the programming so that if the snowflake is on that means the AC is ON. So there are some differences to consider and to be aware of....

Another many are not aware of is you can relink the driver and passenger side temperature controls so that the driver side **** changed them both at the same time in sync by pressing and holding the auto button for a few seconds.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Ah hummerz you were taking it easy on me, in fact it's a VERY used TATTY looking Dorman that's seem some action.🥺

In my defense, it was thinking I could put the electronics into my unit which is in good condition, that's assuming a Dorman is similar in construction.

Thanks for the list, most helpful 👍
I Do NOT recommend to buy USED electronics(hit or miss)! BTW, my HVAC module is still OE.
Save$ viewing TSB's

Old 03-23-2021, 05:52 AM

MixManSC actually was aware of the dual link, yes I think you can see when they are in sync.

hummerz R/A have a NEW Dorman 599211XD for $196.79 (This Link for details) which seems a fair price, also the shipping to the UK is not excessive, would this be OK?

They also do a Dorman 599015 refurb option at $240 with $100 for the core, but I'd loose any advantage on shipping it back plus its a refurb!

In truth all I really need is a microcontroller, from a compatible unit, it's easy to swap-in and worth a try - if I could find one that is.

Which is part of the CPU board.

When I looked at the PCB I found a track with a "flash-over" point which just happens to be between B+ and Ground ( B+ is Hot all the time) I'd say this is clear evidence over voltage during charging, my concern is other EC modules, this is potentially a big issue!
The truck does run, with the exception of the HVAC, but my worry is that the truck seemed hot after a short run, even thought the coolant gauge read normal. Again this may be because the HVAC isn't working properly, but I won't know until I've fixed it.
Just hope its not the BCU!

The Tech2 shows nothing else, no DTC's everything seems normal, but there are dozens of parameters, its all bit worrying.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:13 AM

The 1 I posted above sold out on ebay. Current lowest price I could find is Carid Dorman® 599-211XD - HVAC Control Module $150.75 +shipping. Check shipping cost to you and compare RA NEW price shipped.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:36 AM

Thanks hummerz that's a very good price, beats R/A, sadly their shipping cost is half the price of the unit, quote

"the price for you
Subtotal $150.75
Shipping price $82.11
Total $232.86"

So that translates to $279.43 with VAT verses R/A $266.16 to get it by Monday, $252.94 by the 1st, so I've ordered on this last one, final answer

I do very much appreciate your help, as always..

Sometimes wish I could be in the US

Old 03-23-2021, 01:55 PM

As far as I know all of the Dorman HVAC modules of this type (and certain other modules) are all refurbished. In other words they do not make (or contract to have made) new modules. They refurbish used ones.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:02 PM
Old 03-23-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Thanks hummerz that's a very good price, beats R/A, sadly their shipping cost is half the price of the unit, quote

"the price for you
Subtotal $150.75
Shipping price $82.11
Total $232.86"

So that translates to $279.43 with VAT verses R/A $266.16 to get it by Monday, $252.94 by the 1st, so I've ordered on this last one, final answer

I do very much appreciate your help, as always..

Sometimes wish I could be in the US
Automatic configuration.

599-211XD Assembled in America - 100% new unit

Old 03-23-2021, 05:09 PM

599-211XD is what's on its way, just got to go on the street corner to pay for it.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:06 PM

Make sure to find a high traffic corner and a grill for backup.£££

Quick Reply: HVAC Issue - Cold cabin air