Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

hummer h2 rear tailgate stuck/sticky, broke the handle

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 12:38 AM
Default hummer h2 rear tailgate stuck/sticky, broke the handle

hey guys ive noticed my hummer h2 rear tailgate door is always kinda sticky like it never wants to open easily and it kinda feels like its stuck sometimes, it seems like the door handle is opening the actuator i think its called but it feels like the door is very tight fit which makes it not open easily. today i ended up breaking off the handle and now i gotta replace all that. i want to get all metal components for the bezel? and the handle and what ever else you guys think i should replace

any recommendatyions thx

Old 12-27-2019, 08:23 AM

You can find some aftermarket billet handles still for around $75 but I'm not aware of any aftermarket full metal pockets being available anywhere anymore (I think there might only have been a couple of aftermarket options for that to begin with since it is such a large piece). The pocket itself is also one of the weakest points.... I have a new pocket and handle that I'm going to be reinforcing with some flat pieces of ABS before I install it when I get some time.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:50 PM

Darn yea I cracked my pocket so I probably have to glue that together or I have to get a new pocket. Really was hoping I could find a stronger pocket

Old 12-27-2019, 04:12 PM

Where some of the mounting points are you can add bolts but it is a temporary fix. I think the only real solution is to get a new pocket and reinforce it from the backside beforehand. A whole new pocket is not cheap either - $250+ usually (does come with new handle, license plate lights, etc). Also a couple of different versions so be aware if you buy one. Models that came with the spare on the outside mount from the factory do not have the license plate lights and place to mount the plate and there are some minor differences in the ones for the 08/09 models (not sure if they are 100% compatible).