Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

How to get to rear ac display/rca inputs 2008

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 02:33 PM
Default How to get to rear ac display/rca inputs 2008

How do I get to the rca inputs and climate control in the rear? I’m trying to replace the rca inputs with an rv wall outlet wired to my inverter. Do I just pop the fascia off? Is it just held in by clips? Or do I have to go in from behind and take the whole center console bucket out?

Old 07-22-2021, 03:35 PM

The rear cover should just pull off being held on with clips

looking at your pics there is no cup holder in the rear of your console, Alldata shows a pic with a console that has the pull down cup holders and there being 2 screws to remove once the cup holder is open.

I have removed the rear cover from my truck (2008) center console to replace the cig lighters and did just pull the cover off, it was tough to remove but did just pull off. I had to use a trim pry tool to get it to release from the console (my truck also does not have a pull down cup holder in the rear of the console).

Neal

Old 07-23-2021, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by legerwn
The rear cover should just pull off being held on with clips

looking at your pics there is no cup holder in the rear of your console, Alldata shows a pic with a console that has the pull down cup holders and there being 2 screws to remove once the cup holder is open.

I have removed the rear cover from my truck (2008) center console to replace the cig lighters and did just pull the cover off, it was tough to remove but did just pull off. I had to use a trim pry tool to get it to release from the console (my truck also does not have a pull down cup holder in the rear of the console).

Neal
Thanks. I just wanted to be sure before I started yanking. I’ve never seen one with pull down cup holders ever. That’s interesting. I saw a diagram with one but I’ve never seen it in a truck.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:00 PM

My Avalanche has the cup holders. Pretty sure the console is a little narrower than the H2's.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:32 PM

Here is a photo of that piece so you can see where the clips are - looks like 6 clips. Part number is 15274738, and is no longer available. It is pops up sometimes on eBay if you want to replace it while you have it out, or if you break a clip support when you pull it out.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:38 PM

On the 2009 H2 with rear captains chairs, they changed this part to 20794348 which looks the same but with cup holders! I found one on eBay right now brand new and I just ordered it to add cup holders to the rear - I just don't know if it is a perfect replacement. Does anyone know - anyone done that swap?

Old 07-24-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Brunob00
On the 2009 H2 with rear captains chairs, they changed this part to 20794348 which looks the same but with cup holders! I found one on eBay right now brand new and I just ordered it to add cup holders to the rear - I just don't know if it is a perfect replacement. Does anyone know - anyone done that swap?

Auction has 3 more - tempting. So tempting. But that price is awful steep. Glad you tracked this down though.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by HellHoof
Auction has 3 more - tempting. So tempting. But that price is awful steep. Glad you tracked this down though.
I couldn't pass it up. Made an offer for a little less than asking and they accepted. Then had to pay most of that difference in tax...ugh!!

Old 07-28-2021, 05:33 PM

Hellhoof - I just got mine - the magic of eBay... I can't wait to actually get cup holders in the Hummer! It looks like a direct fit.

> The cup holders slide open on a plastic hinge, so not as robust as the cup holders on the Tahoe/Escalade that have a metal guide and allow you to step on them and hyper-extend the cup holder. If you step on these, it will break the rear console. I can see why they only offered these only on the H2 with captains chairs. Use with caution!

> It looks like the rear just pops off the console... I tried pulling on the bottom left, and I felt the clip release. So will try to replace this weekend.

> Crossing fingers that the wires to the climate control, 12v plugs and RCA cables are long enough. If any one knows please post!
​​​​​​​

Old 07-29-2021, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Brunob00
Hellhoof - I just got mine - the magic of eBay... I can't wait to actually get cup holders in the Hummer! It looks like a direct fit.

> The cup holders slide open on a plastic hinge, so not as robust as the cup holders on the Tahoe/Escalade that have a metal guide and allow you to step on them and hyper-extend the cup holder. If you step on these, it will break the rear console. I can see why they only offered these only on the H2 with captains chairs. Use with caution!

> It looks like the rear just pops off the console... I tried pulling on the bottom left, and I felt the clip release. So will try to replace this weekend.

> Crossing fingers that the wires to the climate control, 12v plugs and RCA cables are long enough. If any one knows please post!

Mine came in today too! I haven’t opened it yet though - weekend project.

The cup holders do look different from those in my Avalanche, but the Av sound different than how you’ve described. It’s out on loan to a family member now so I can’t go and check them, but I will for sure be comparing the two once I install in the Hummer.

Im excited to get these in. Thanks for even mentioning them and letting me know there are some. I was disappointed in this lack of feature and am excited to get it back.

Quick Reply: How to get to rear ac display/rca inputs 2008