Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Heated seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019 | 11:20 AM
|
Unhappy Heated seat issue

Please help.. 3 out of 4 heated seats are not working, Both front seats the lights flash when pressed but do not stay on and I can hear the clicking under the front of the seat when pressed. (seat memory still works). The passenger rear seat works. Driver side rear seat both lights stay lit and will not go off even if i press the button and the seat does not heat.

Old 10-16-2019 | 12:07 PM

this pretty much sums it up as this issue happens to all gm trucks with heated seats. the only difference is that we do not have pedal positioning so you can disregard those parts when he mentions trouble shooting them https://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/th...9-2006.108685/
with a tech2 or a really good scanner you could read the seat module for codes to help you in trouble shooting.

Old 10-16-2019 | 12:57 PM
|

I already replaced the throttle positioning sensor .. I can see it will cost a lot of money doing it byprocess of elimination .. lol
Thank you I will check it out.

Old 10-16-2019 | 01:53 PM

sorry if i miss directed you.
the throttle positioning sensor has nothing to do with diagnosing the seat warmer issue.

"adjustable pedal position" moves the pedals to make it comfortable to your preferences. it literally moves the brake pedal and gas pedal like you would move your seat for comfort positioning.
Hummers do not have that option but most other GM trucks do have it as an option. i just brought that up because in his troubleshooting he mentions the option that we do not have. but the rest does pertain.

Old 10-16-2019 | 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by JerzeyGirl
Please help.. 3 out of 4 heated seats are not working, Both front seats the lights flash when pressed but do not stay on and I can hear the clicking under the front of the seat when pressed. (seat memory still works). The passenger rear seat works. Driver side rear seat both lights stay lit and will not go off even if i press the button and the seat does not heat.
When I had this same issue I had to replace the heating elements underneath the leather on the seats, I had a thread about it in the past where I took photos of the process

Old 10-16-2019 | 06:03 PM

Same, its most likely the element in the seats. The easiest method is the tech2, but if you don't have one you could order the two diff elements for one front seat and use those to find the blown element, then return the one not needed, and order a single element for the rear and replace the blown one.

The Hummer is a special case though, the elements are sewn into the underside of the leather that wraps the cushion, and removing the old one is a pain in the ***. For mine I simply disconnected the old one glued the new one on top of the old on, leaving it sewn to the leather. It heats up perfectly fine and is hotter than the one that's not blown. You will want to purchase the elements that go to a Cadillac Escalade. Albeit this was on a 2003, which is probably the case for 2003-2007, 2008-2009 could be different, if that's what you are working on.

Feel free to ask any other questions.