Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Wheel Spacers Hubcentric on stock 17

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 11:17 PM
Default H2 Wheel Spacers Hubcentric on stock 17

I'm looking to push out the wheels on my factory setup 17s with 315/70. Going for the H&R DRM series, which are Hubcentric bolt into the hub not floating. They come in 3 sizes, what do you recommend? I want an aggressive look (30mm, 40mm (1.5"), 50mm (2")).
H&R DRM Spacers

Please don't advise on just going with new wheels and tires setup, not looking to at the moment. Swamped with other car project costs.

Old 01-11-2023, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

MOVED, that old Tire/Wheel section is and has been dead as a doorknob for ages. Keep H2 related questions in the H2 section for quicker and more response.

Good luck.

Old 01-11-2023, 03:13 PM

Hub spacers in general are a pain in the ***, I have seen more hub, bearing and lug nut stud failures through out the years caused by the use of these things.

Plus on top of that if you don't purchase high quality forged ones with high grade hardware you might just find your wheel having a mind of its own as it passes you going down the road. Most of the ones sold today are cheap cast junk with crap hardware.

You might be surprised how much the super good quality forged hubcentric ones cost. You might just want to buy you time and wait until you can find the cash for new wheels to do it right and to give you the exact look you want.

Old 01-11-2023, 05:42 PM

for your intended purpose I would go with the thinnest spacers that will clear the ends of the OEM studs.

Most of the spacers/adapters sold today that are wide enough for separate wheel studs are billet aluminum and very strong.

with the OEM wheel offset adding these spacers will most likely put the back spacing close to centerline of the wheel

Neal

Old 01-16-2023, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Hub spacers in general are a pain in the ***, I have seen more hub, bearing and lug nut stud failures through out the years caused by the use of these things.

Plus on top of that if you don't purchase high quality forged ones with high grade hardware you might just find your wheel having a mind of its own as it passes you going down the road. Most of the ones sold today are cheap cast junk with crap hardware.

You might be surprised how much the super good quality forged hubcentric ones cost. You might just want to buy you time and wait until you can find the cash for new wheels to do it right and to give you the exact look you want.
Originally Posted by legerwn
for your intended purpose I would go with the thinnest spacers that will clear the ends of the OEM studs.

Most of the spacers/adapters sold today that are wide enough for separate wheel studs are billet aluminum and very strong.

with the OEM wheel offset adding these spacers will most likely put the back spacing close to centerline of the wheel

Neal
Ok so I ended up ordering wheels - Black Rhino Primm 17x9. Don't want to go bigger, so that fits my factory size 315s.. by my calculations, seems like the setup will push out the wheels about 24mm out, is that correct? which is not so much aggressive, and looking to push a little more.. any solutions?

The wheels are 9" , 0 offset, and 5" backspace.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:36 AM
Default Doing it the right way!

Good choice, Black Rhino's are good quality wheels and are one of the favorites in the Jeep community.

24mm should set the wheels out further then stock about 1 inch. That won't not create any problems or cause ride issues and still give you that aggressive look you wanted. In the long run you will be happy you skipped the wheel spacers and did it the right way.

They should look great! Don't forget to snap and post a shot!

Old 01-17-2023, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Good choice, Black Rhino's are good quality wheels and are one of the favorites in the Jeep community.
24mm should set the wheels out further then stock about 1 inch. That won't not create any problems or cause ride issues and still give you that aggressive look you wanted. In the long run you will be happy you skipped the wheel spacers and did it the right way.
They should look great! Don't forget to snap and post a shot!
Thank you !! yeah so happy I found those wheels and settled for the look! I wish they came with a -12 offset like some of the other 17x9s they have. I like deep dish wheels, but this should do. Since I'm going for the black out look.. I requested to have the Brass beadlocks on the wheels replaced with black. Here's a render i did just to see how it would turn out.. and will definetely post all photos, over here in this thread as well --> My H2 Build Plan

Black Rhino Primm 17x9 , ET 0, BS 5" Matte Black w/ Black beadlocks

Old 01-18-2023, 12:55 AM

Question, if i end up wanting the tires to stick out more after the new 17x9 ET 0, 5” BS wheels… would a 30mm (1.18”) spacer be too much? Hubcentric H&R DRM

not sure if my calculations are correct, with that 30mm will the BS end up at 3.82”? (5-1.18= 3.82)

heres how mine currently sit on oem 17s and 315/70

Old 01-18-2023, 05:47 PM

I don't think you can go that thin as the h2 studs will hit the back of the wheels unless the new wheels have reliefs on the mating surface

Neal

Old 01-19-2023, 04:13 PM

Did a little measuring on my 2008 H2, the wheel studs are right at 1.70" so the thinnest spacer would be 1.75".
The wheel studs are not fully threaded, about .50" could be removed and would still allow a full thread protruding beyond the lug nut once torqued which is the standard.
This would allow a 1.25" spacer to be mounted without wheel stud interference.

I'm not sure if the studs on earlier models are the same,

Neal