Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Power Fold Mirrors - Wiring/Fuse/Relay

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 01:18 PM

Thanks for that link. I will send them a message if they can fox the mirror.

I am not too concerned about the folding aspect. It is the actual side mirror that I want to get fixed. When I drive on the freeway, the angle of the mirror shift.

Originally Posted by clsimmon
It sounds like you might have 2 issues; 1) the glass servos need replacing 2) the motor that folds needs replacing. Both of these can be replaced but the work is tedious and the parts are difficult to come by. There are people that do rebuild these mirrors: https://www.ebay.com/itm/27451150625...EAAOSwuPJfce2p

Old 08-11-2021, 02:43 PM

The arm motors are most probably working since they can move the arms out, also it would be unlikely that both arm motors have failed in some way.

Moving the mirrors by hand may not work either as if the drive gear is broken it won't turn the little potentiometer inside which feeds back the mirror position to the door module.

So it's most probably the little gear(s) that are broken, you can see in the pics below a broken one along with a 3D printed replicate, although the replicate worked OK it's not durable enough as a solution.

Other issues, the plastic rocker arm (red piece in pic below) can be damaged preventing it from "seesaw-ing" correctly.

It's hard to say what causes the damage, it could be man-handling, like car washing, or just the fact that the motors struggle to move the assembly.

One thing I suspect is that over time the circular-slide-collar and it's contact surfaces become contaminated or "stocky" so to speak i.e. it doesn't slip properly. In the past I've cleaned them with IPA and then applied some PTFE spray BUT NOT OIL!!!! that will only make things.
worse.

If it is the little gears (and if you're lucky it's just the one mirror) you could get the bits from a Silverado, Tahoe or possible a Hummer on eBay (see this link) but its a bit hit and miss.