Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Power Fold Mirrors - Wiring/Fuse/Relay

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 03:35 PM

Thanks a lot, as it turned out, the problem was in wrong 4-pin power supply socket pinout. The places of two wires: 3-Blue and 4-Black from 4 pin socket were mixed up. So, I had the short circuit during "Window UP" function.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by karenM
Thanks a lot, as it turned out, the problem was in wrong 4-pin power supply socket pinout. The places of two wires: 3-Blue and 4-Black from 4 pin socket were mixed up. So, I had the short circuit during "Window UP" function.
So glad you fixed it and thank you for following up. Was the information provided helpful?

Last edited by oceanbrave; 04-03-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:24 PM

I know this is an old thread. Im hoping someone can provide me with some feedback.

I have a 2005 H2. The mirrors (L and R) are NOT moving at all. The mirrors will NOT fold. But i can use the switch to UNFOLD. So I know it have power.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Check both Left and Right mirrors move in the correct directions i.e. pressing up moves up, down moves down, left pans left, right pans right.

This is very important because the mirror-motors have "feedback" (literally a potentiometer) that informs the BCU of their position, before folding-inwards the BCU first commands the mirror-motors (not fold-motors) back to their "mid-positions", if this fails the command is aborted (presumeably to prevent the mirror-glass striking the body work)

Folding-outwards should always work as it doesn't matter what positions the mirrors are in.

If any one of your motor's wiring is reversed (easily done), is non-functional, or simply stuck then you will have this problem, in short the mirrors must be 100% working before they'll fold-inwards!

You can check your "Kerb View" functions correctly too.

After spending many hours dismantling door modules, reverse engineering the PCB, changing IC chips and tracing wiring etc, I discovered this using a TECH2.

Good luck, please let me know how you get on...

Old 08-10-2021, 07:29 PM

Yep, know the answer to that one.

The mirror glasses have to move to their "Home" or "Neutral" positions before the BCU will allow then the fold-in (to avoid damage) so that's why they won't fold in.

If the mirrors can't panLeft and Right, or Up and Down then they can't move Home, thus they arms won't fold in but can fold out.

You need to fix the pan and tilt to regain the fold-in function.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:52 AM

oceanbrave, thanks for the response. Follow-up question….. Where do I start in figuring out the cause of the mirror NOT moving Left or Right, Up or Down? Does the motor for that function have its own fuse, that is different from the motor that FOLDS the arm? The mirrors are NOT moving at all (both Driver and Passenger side).

Old 08-11-2021, 08:14 AM

Ador, the servos that control the tilt/pan of your glass mirror along with folding motor is powered through your driver and passenger door switches. i.e. the DDM driver door module and the PDM passenger door module. If your door door locks and windows are working correctly then its assumed you have power going to the mirrors unless something has failed in the DDM/PDM which in this case would be unlikely. Most likely your servo clusters for your tilt/pan are out. However! please confirm you've moved the topmost switch to either left or right first. If it's in the center position neither of your mirror glass will move.

Once you've resolved your pan/tilt you can then work on your folding operation. If you do not have a Tech2 then follow this approach:

For those that do not have a Tech 2, and your mirrors are not retracting a simple test would be to move mirror (with the interior switch and not your hand) to the extreme Up, and try retraction; extreme down, and try retraction; extreme left, and try; and extreme right and try...and then do the same on the other mirror. You will of course have 1 to 8 chances. Once you find the position that enables you to retract, then notch the mirror (glass) a few clicks in the opposite direction until the mirror is once again centered. Retraction and Memory will once again work as before.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:08 AM

clsimmon, thank you very much for that explanation. The power door locks, window, door panel lights have power and are working. This morning, before I started my commute to work, I manually moved around the Driver Side mirror. I then pressed the the control. There was a “slight movement” tilting DOWN. That tells me there is power going through. Could that be the Servo you are referring to that is problematic? Can that
alone be replaced? Thanks.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:53 AM

Ador, when you said you "manually moved around the driver side mirror" you're referring to moving the glass with your hand and not the 4-way switch on the driver door?

Old 08-11-2021, 10:59 AM

hi. Yes. I moved the glass with my hand, trying to find that “neutral position” to see if the mirror will FOLD.

Then, I pressed the DOWN on the mirror switch and the glass did MOVE a little, then stopped. Prior to that, the mirror will NOT move at all.

Originally Posted by clsimmon
Ador, when you said you "manually moved around the driver side mirror" you're referring to moving the glass with your hand and not the 4-way switch on the driver door?

Old 08-11-2021, 12:17 PM

It sounds like you might have 2 issues; 1) the glass servos need replacing 2) the motor that folds needs replacing. Both of these can be replaced but the work is tedious and the parts are difficult to come by. There are people that do rebuild these mirrors: https://www.ebay.com/itm/27451150625...EAAOSwuPJfce2p

Quick Reply: H2 Power Fold Mirrors - Wiring/Fuse/Relay