Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Leaking from the top of the side pillars

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Default H2 Leaking from the top of the side pillars

Alright so I know this topic is repetitive and I’ve seen all the YouTube videos and a few posts on here but I can’t seem to find the leak. I continue to have a wet spot on the ceiling right above the driver side pillar handle. When I get in, I can see water dripping from the handle. I recently sealed all the roof markers, antennas, and even the side track along the roof including the screws. I thought the problem was fixed but it rained heavy last night and it appears it found another way some how. This leak has gotten me to the point of trading it in of how much time and effort I’ve put into it with no luck.

Any input or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 10-07-2019, 12:03 PM

The sunroof drains run down there as well. For some stupid reason the tube is not a continuous piece, there is a connection under the pillar trim. That has probably worked itself loose. I would pull the A-pillar trim and take a look, they're not difficult to get off.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Default Check under the molding where the roof meets the windshield

Like everyone else my 06 H2 was / is still leaking. I replaced the seals on all the roof lights both front and back. RTV Silicon sealed the rubber grommets under the bigger corner lights. Individually sealed each screw on the cross bar roof rail. I laid some beads of RTV along the entire length of the roof along the roof cross bar rails where it appeared there were cracks.

I then removed the headliner which was easy for the most part, crazy insane difficult to remove the damn visors and visor retainer clips.. (if someone can help me with the retainer clips for an 06 lmk please, I can’t even find a part #) .. anyway,, closed the doors wife was inside.. i hosed the car down to simulate rain and presto the water was coming in from along the windshield.. all along the entire length where it met the roof inside .. checked the area in the roof outside and found that if the rubber molding running along the roof where it meets the windshield is gently lifted, there was some lite bubbling and signs of rust along with grime and dirt.

Made appointment with Safelite to replace the windshield, figured they would reseal it. But before the appointment I stopped by a restoration shop (local body shop said they didn’t do that kind of work), and they said it would only be a bandaid .. best option is to address the rust.. but that it could run $1k-3k depending on how bad it is.. best case scenario minimal rust, about 10 hours or work to get it right..

not sure if that’s your problem.. but I hope it helps someone

if anyone has insight that would be helpful please lmk

ill try and add pictures of the rust section on the roof if this post seems to get any traction