Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Interior Fuse Block Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 11:40 AM
Default H2 Interior Fuse Block Replacement

I have to replace the interior fuse block (left side of dash). From looking at the replacement it would appear that i only need to remove the two connectors (left side of block), pinch the top and bottom release tabs of the block and pull it out to access the screw that holds the rear main connector on, then remove the rear connector. Anyone that has removed this block know if this plan is feasible or will I have to remove the dash pieces to actually get it out? TIA for any advice.

Old 01-04-2024, 04:52 PM
Default Job Done

Ok, hadn't gotten any responses but got some time and went at it. To answer my own question, NO. Left side dash cowling and knee cowl have to come out, along with the headlights switch assembly. And it didn't come out far enough to get a wrench on the rear connector. Had to attack that from above within extender and swivel. Apparently a PO had someone in there before to install a defunct security/remote start system (all removed 1st week of my ownership) and they never put the fuse block back all the way into the framing clips which explained why I had to hold it when removing fuses from the original unit. Anyway, all done, locked back in and everything work with no loss of power to the PDM. Have yet to disassemble the original to see why it crapped out.

Old 01-07-2024, 09:08 AM

Nicely done. Can’t say at least in my time on the forum that I’ve seen an interior fuse block issue.

Old 01-07-2024, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
Nicely done. Can’t say at least in my time on the forum that I’ve seen an interior fuse block issue.
Yeah, it's weird. Pull the fuse for PDM and get continuity between the fuse pins and backside connector pins. Push the fuse in all the way and it loses continuity from the fuse to output pin on the rear connector side. Unfortunately it appears that I have to destroy the center metal pin/connector socket to get a look inside to see just what is happening. I may get to that and will post pics of findings. Not sure if it's a PCB or actual wiring inside.