Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Fuel pump kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by zenith
Fuel pump cut off switch.

I'm going to add a custom fuel pump cut off toggle switch on my 07 H2. For $10 and an hour or so of work, it seems like a great added protection against someone stealing the H2.

Only issue I have before doing it, is the fuse box has to be removed in order to test which "prong" on the F/Pump relay fuse is the hot wire to the fuel pump relay when ignition is on.

Would anyone happen to have a wire diagram that I could see, which shows what color the wire is in the loom that comes from the fuse box, instead of having to pull the fuse box and risk cracking/upsetting wires underneath it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhXLsrZiE0

Thanks in advance
I have an 09 H2.. My Mechanic said that was a bad idea on my rig as it will set a code. Anything you do in the 09 fuel system will set a code. So I came up with a better idea.

I have a push button foot switch up near the e brake and have wired up a system that cuts the ground to the shift lock relay. So when depressed, it kills the ground to the relay (located under the console) and prevents you from shifting out of park with out setting any codes. As far as the computer knows all is well.

If some one points a weapon at you while in your car at a light you shift to park and hit the switch and beet feet. The hijacker ain't going anywhere cause it ain't coming out of Park.

Ok you say... Suppose you don't hit the switch or the thief figures your system out and takes your ride?
Enter GPSIT TRACKING a company that has a tracking device with a remote kill switch times 2 That's in My Ride.
Not only does it show where your ride is but you can activate the kill signal Via SMS text which over rides the foot switch wiring.

As a Protection for me in case the system screws up, there is a hidden GM weather pack connector under the hood hidden from view that can override the lock out.

This tracking unit has a ton of other features. It was designed for fleet truck use and the company just released the new version. You can set it to send you a text for ..Ignition on ... Stop alerts... and control times for these alerts. There are many more items and things it can do.

Last edited by Mark R; 09-28-2023 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mark R
I have an 09 H2.. My Mechanic said that was a bad idea on my rig as it will set a code.
Can't "set a code" with engine off.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Can't "set a code" with engine off.
Your so Right.... But what happens if you have a Brain F_ _T and turn the key......Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! Code City. You want to hide form the ECU and not let it Know WFT your tinkering with. ........Dave.... I'm afraid I can't let you mess with my Inners....