Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Fuel pump kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 03:31 PM
Default Fuel pump kill switch

Fuel pump cut off switch.

I'm going to add a custom fuel pump cut off toggle switch on my 07 H2. For $10 and an hour or so of work, it seems like a great added protection against someone stealing the H2.

Only issue I have before doing it, is the fuse box has to be removed in order to test which "prong" on the F/Pump relay fuse is the hot wire to the fuel pump relay when ignition is on.

Would anyone happen to have a wire diagram that I could see, which shows what color the wire is in the loom that comes from the fuse box, instead of having to pull the fuse box and risk cracking/upsetting wires underneath it.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-25-2023, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by zenith
Fuel pump cut off switch.

I'm going to add a custom fuel pump cut off toggle switch on my 07 H2. For $10 and an hour or so of work, it seems like a great added protection against someone stealing the H2.

Only issue I have before doing it, is the fuse box has to be removed in order to test which "prong" on the F/Pump relay fuse is the hot wire to the fuel pump relay when ignition is on.

Would anyone happen to have a wire diagram that I could see, which shows what color the wire is in the loom that comes from the fuse box, instead of having to pull the fuse box and risk cracking/upsetting wires underneath it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhXLsrZiE0

Thanks in advance
1970's: Toggle switch
2023:
Remote Kill Switch Remote Kill Switch

Old 09-25-2023, 10:02 PM

I wouldn't want the Control Modules to keep resetting every morning. that is what would happen killing the battery correct?

this could create the circuit needed 70's style just not concealed completely under the fuse block, still deterrent enough for most thieves

Old 09-26-2023, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sam!
I wouldn't want the Control Modules to keep resetting every morning. that is what would happen killing the battery correct?
Install inline fuel pump relay, or use a
Wireless Relay Switch 12V,DC12V/24V/48V/72V 30A Relay, Remote Control Switch Wireless Relay Switch 12V,DC12V/24V/48V/72V 30A Relay, Remote Control Switch

Old 09-26-2023, 10:48 AM

this could create the circuit needed 70's style just not concealed completely under the fuse block, still deterrent enough for most thieves
Don't think that will work, as the fuel pump "fuse" is a relay located under the hood in the fuse block as circled in the picture.

Old 09-26-2023, 01:04 PM

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
System Wiring Diagramss.pdf (2.31 MB, 92 views)
Old 09-26-2023, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz

Thank you.

Old 09-26-2023, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by zenith
Thank you.
Download entire wiring diagram and save for future!
Btw, you can "kill" switch fp relay @ the 5v power feed to energize the relay from the pcm (Dark Green/White tracer) or the 12v Gray wire to the fuel pump feed from the relay. Post results when complete.

Old 09-27-2023, 10:18 PM

Hey Hummerz, can you share the site or link to get this?
Originally Posted by hummerz
Download entire wiring diagram and save for future!
Btw, you can "kill" switch fp relay @ the 5v power feed to energize the relay from the pcm (Dark Green/White tracer) or the 12v Gray wire to the fuel pump feed from the relay. Post results when complete.

Old 09-28-2023, 08:01 AM

Hey Hummerz, can you share the site or link to get this?
PDF attached file posted above or Google search found here

Quick Reply: Fuel pump kill switch