Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Front foggies / bumper lights / driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 04:32 PM
Default Front foggies / bumper lights / driving lights

Hey all.
i just received some new front bumper fog lights (driving lights)
I was told they would fit but when I pulled them out of the box, there was a serious size difference between the OEM lights and these (across, the lights measure 4 inches and the OEM appear to measure 5 inches)

Is this correct.
A replacement for our OEM front bumper fog / driving lights is actually 5 inches?

Also... Is there "rings" out there that will adapt or fill in the front bumper hole if you use a 4 inch fog/driving?

Last edited by jsbihn; 06-28-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Add question
Old 06-29-2018, 04:38 AM

I had a problem with you. I bought one on Amazon and came back to find the wrong size. They didn't solve it. But my friend recommended to me the light manufacturer novsights official net to ask the customer service. They would be happy to help you and hope to help you.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:19 AM

There is no aftermarket light that will just bolt in for these. They are also not fog/driving lights. They are stupidly gigantic DRL (daytime running lights). Many have done various modifications to fit others in the rather big holes though. Of course if you want to use them as actual fog or driving lights you will also need to make sure you aim whatever you try to put in there and will need to run some new wiring and a switch to cut them on and off. You also lose your DRL's unless you figure something out for those too.

I did find something that is workable. My goal was something that better fit the hole. I did find something but I do not have time to look up where I got them and to document what all I needed to do to install them. I do plan on doing that eventually but it might be a few months before I really have time. I did take pictures and documented the install though. It requires fully removing the bumper...

They look and work great though. If I remember right they are designed to fit a Toyota truck. The brand of them is Vinstar (they are even DOT stamped). Even these do not fully fill the hole but they are pretty close.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:39 AM

I've done 4.5" LED installs many times, even for other local H2 owners in the past. Takes an LED round light, threaded rods and multiple washers/locknuts to get everything set in place. Most of the replacement lights back in the day required cutting the stock mounting places on the plastic bumper which was something I never wanted to do.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:14 PM

That is also something I did not want to do as I wanted to leave it so it can easily be put back to stock. I did have to drill a couple of new holes in the plastic behind it is all. I also did not want typical "flood" or "spot" lights, I wanted actual DOT driving lights.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:32 AM

Hey guys thanks for the replies...
Do you have any recommendations of where to get these lights?
Since I can't seem to find anything other than roll bar mounting type lights that do not look like they would fit

Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 AM

This thread is where I first posted about the ones I bought.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-lights-39090/

The biggest issues is there is nothing available that you can just buy and bolt in other than the stock gigantic DRL's (daytime running lights). To use them for anything other than DRL's you will also have to do some wiring and if you are somewhere that requires DRL's by laws like in Canada then you will also have to come up with something for that too (can use the existing DRL wiring for that).

The ones I got are dual function but again, are far from just bolting in and plugging them up.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Hey guys thanks for the replies...
Do you have any recommendations of where to get these lights?
Since I can't seem to find anything other than roll bar mounting type lights that do not look like they would fit

I have always used 18 watt round LED lights. They are bright enough to still act as DRL's but not enough to blind people. I just buy cheapo ones from Amazon and seal them up with silicone and good to go. I could dig up some pics if you want to go that route or if you want something cleaner looking like MixMan.

You can see them there. They begin to go opaque after a couple years but its never bothered me. I may do nicer looking ones in the future but not high on the priority list right now.