Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Front end parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 06:21 PM
Default Front end parts

Hello... so I'm looking to replace most of the front end suspension parts... I'm a fan of oem for most applications, but not all...

So I'm curious as to what parts people upgrade and what they leave oem... any insight is appreciated!!

Shocks I was planning to use blistine 5100 like I already have...

Tie rods? Ball joints? Pittman and Idler? Also if you use gm parts, do you know if they're the same as 2500 trucks? Thanks

Old 05-08-2024, 08:30 PM

quick look on rockauto and the balljoints are the same OEM number for both

I do use OEM when I can, I do have Cognito upper control arms on mine but its for the leveling kit

and I agree with the Bilstein, I have 5160's on mine

Neal

Old 05-09-2024, 12:27 AM

I’ll swear by kryptonite till I’m in my grave. Buy once cry once. Lifetime warranty. Best tie rods, pitman, idler, and center link. Usually you can find them for a package deal.

For stuff like control arms moog is also good. The kryptonite ones are like $600 vs the premium moog CK line for $75.

Timken for wheel bearings. However I bought moog ones and like those too.

If your steering gear is leaking or loose, redhead and blue top are probably the only rebuilders I would trust.

most of the front end parts are the same as a 2500. However be safe and order h2 specific. All of the brands above still make parts for the h2 and have them listed accordingly.

Last edited by Gavin Costigan; 05-09-2024 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2024, 09:06 AM

I will second Kryptonite... If you truly plan to keep your truck long term, worth the investment. As Gavin said, the price hurts going in but worth it in the long run

Old 05-09-2024, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by legerwn
quick look on rockauto and the balljoints are the same OEM number for both

I do use OEM when I can, I do have Cognito upper control arms on mine but its for the leveling kit

and I agree with the Bilstein, I have 5160's on mine

Neal
Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
I’ll swear by kryptonite till I’m in my grave. Buy once cry once. Lifetime warranty. Best tie rods, pitman, idler, and center link. Usually you can find them for a package deal.

For stuff like control arms moog is also good. The kryptonite ones are like $600 vs the premium moog CK line for $75.

If your steering gear is leaking or loose, redhead and blue top are probably the only rebuilders I would trust.

most of the front end parts are the same as a 2500. However be safe and order h2 specific. All of the brands above still make parts for the h2 and have them listed accordingly.
Originally Posted by H1H2
I will second Kryptonite... If you truly plan to keep your truck long term, worth the investment. As Gavin said, the price hurts going in but worth it in the long run
thanks guys, I appreciate the help

Old 05-09-2024, 07:34 PM

Just throwing my name in this bucket for reference on the parts as im
also thinking to replace some if not all of this front and back.
My 2008 H2 with 74k had a little pop on the left front end when pulling up and stopping.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by BLK WLF
Just throwing my name in this bucket for reference on the parts as im
also thinking to replace some if not all of this front and back.
My 2008 H2 with 74k had a little pop on the left front end when pulling up and stopping.
One thing to check is cam bolts and make sure they are tight (140)ft lb. Ik it’s a LOT. But they can cause a pop. It’s either that or a bushing is bad in them.

Old 05-13-2024, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan

I started looking into kryptonite, i saw that you need to modify the pittm arm bracket to use their upgrade... Did you replace your Pittman arm with another brand or did you cut your bracket?

Old 05-14-2024, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by C216had
I started looking into kryptonite, i saw that you need to modify the pittm arm bracket to use their upgrade... Did you replace your Pittman arm with another brand or did you cut your bracket?
I’m pretty sure that’s only for the idler support bracket which isn’t necessary. The pitman and idler arms should fit just fine without the support or cutting.