Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Flip Down DVD Monitor installation ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Default Flip Down DVD Monitor installation ?

First post on the new forum, so take it easy on me.,..... Just bought an 03" H2 Adventure edition and all I can say is WOW, what an amazing machine. You get in and feel like you can just run anything over.
But my question is I want to mount a flip down monitor in the back and in most cars I have done there is a roof crossbeam you can anchor the mounting plate into, but NOT in the Hummer. And even if there was one the sunroof slider would hit it, how is everyone mounting it? From what I can come up with is slide a peice of sheetmetal (maybe 12"x12") up into the headliner and then anchor the mounting plate to that, but now the headliner is the only thing supporting it now.
Please help me with some ideas.
Thanks in advance.
Brandon

Old 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Hi And welcome !

These photos may help you out a little, We have wrecked H2's here with the headliner removed, It looks like you should be able to mount it on one of the crossmembers

Attached Thumbnails Flip Down DVD Monitor installation ?-dscf6770.jpg   Flip Down DVD Monitor installation ?-dscf6771.jpg