Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Engine low Oil pressure at idle

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Default Engine low Oil pressure at idle

Hello to all and thank you for your help. I have been able to do incredible work over the years by merely reading and searching the forum, this is my first post, I am desperate. Thank you for all of the post over the years.
I have an 03 H2 (my 5th one). I am getting a very loud noise that sound like the engine is struggling from a dead stop, it is 10 times louder than and the same noise when using Air con. Oil pressure is very low at idle and quickly jumps up when I accelerate. I have blown the upper oil line on my radiator 3 times when I get on it (Upgraded to B Cool High performance Aluminium Radiator and added a high performance trans cooler to avoid the pink milkshake (again).
I have changed all the belts, all the tensioners, all the pullys, the oil filter, the oil, the oil sending unit, oil line. I also seem to have a drop in my power even though she is a beast with road rhino front end and rubber duck brush guard.
Is it my Oil pump? I do hope not, the engine has 180K on it with factory oil pump.
I have no check engine light and no codes.
Thanks to all.
CB

Old 09-06-2019, 08:57 AM

I also changed the fittings on the radiator and the clip.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:33 AM

If it is a roaring sound when taking off your fan clutch might be stuck. That would kill power as well as drag the idle down (and consequently reduce oil pressure). Not sure otherwise...

Old 09-06-2019, 12:08 PM

Thank you, I have never considered that at all. After having owned 2 H1's, 5 H2's and one H3 I thought if it could go wrong it had.
I will give that a check.