Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Electric problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 03:33 PM

i think that guy also has a video about repairing the ABS module that get cold solder issues.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:55 AM

Thanks for that, Sidhu is a good guy, I've watched many of his videos👍

Old 05-19-2024, 03:28 PM

Where is the ECBM and the ABS Modul?
That I can check the soldering

today I fixed all roof lights with silicon.
The old owner put a lot of silicon on the bulbs, I removed them, cleaned everything and sealed the bulb sockets new and also on the lights. I hope this will stop the water leak.

Last edited by George W; 05-19-2024 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2024, 06:16 PM

The Electronically Controlled Braking Module often called the ABS Brake Module is located under the vehicle beneath the driver's position.

Access is restricted so removal is very hard to do, there are 6 brake lines and a large multi way connector, not a job to be taken lightly.

​​

Old 05-31-2024, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Hi George,
Looking through Rockauto.com the front sensors are cabled, the rear have just connectors, so yes they're different, rear are also expensive!
It might be worth checking the wiring harness as DTC indicates an open or short circuit condition, possibly swap left with right?

However DTC C0191 relates to the Longitudinal Accelerometer device mounted behind the center of the dash, interestingly it also connected to the ECBM (Electronically Controlled Brake Module) so the two faults have the ECBM in common.

It might be worth inspecting the ECBM connector, hopefully it is not a faulty ECBM.

Your pictures also show "SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM" and also interestingly the Class2 Serial bus also connects here.

Have you had any work done to the brake system recently?
Hey @oceanbrave you asked me before, if I did something to the brake system?
I didnt but the pre owner changed the brake limes.

Old 06-01-2024, 09:35 AM

@George W
apologies, I should have phased it as "has any work been done to the brake system?"

History of past work can be very helpful, if the ECBM was removed (often needs to be)it could be important.

Old 06-01-2024, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
@George W
apologies, I should have phased it as "has any work been done to the brake system?"

History of past work can be very helpful, if the ECBM was removed (often needs to be)it could be important.
I only know, that the brake lines was exchanged.
i also took a picture of the ECBM and it looks turned.

Old 06-01-2024, 11:17 AM

@George W
I can see what what's been done:-

The module is in the correct orientation, it's just been shifted to the left by around 60mm (see below)

The 2 top right lines have glands fitted, presumably it the lines were too difficult to fit/repair otherwise.

This is how it should be mounted

At the tip of the purple arrow there's a plastic grey plastic pivot, there's a matching one the other side. The bracket in red has 2 slots with pivot pins, these push into the grey mounts so the entire module can rotate on these pins, possibly to allow for manufacturing tolerances or movement etc.

On the RHS is the main connector which is quite easy to remove for inspection and testing.

If the module was removed why use glands, but it's interesting there's been work done here.

To note, the brake lines will almost certainly have corroded over the past 18+ years and the vehicle weighs over 3 tons. Contrary to popular belief, dual circuit brakes does not mean there's a back-up circuit, any line failure will result in a sudden loss of braking.

Have to admit I was completely naïve about the H2 braking system, the 1st line failure was fixed by a brake mechanic, after the 2nd failure had this crazy idea to buy a complete new set of lines and replace them on "as and when" basis, 1st was the front left line, one year later the rear right, next day the rear left, hours later MC1.

Now I live on top of a very steep hill, fortunately everything failed on my driveway, it was a miracle there were no serious accidents.

Just saying, it would be remis of me not to !

Old 06-01-2024, 06:08 PM

@oceanbrave thank you for your answer. And what should I do according to the service brake system?

Old 06-02-2024, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by George W
@oceanbrave thank you for your answer. And what should I do according to the service brake system?
does anybody knows if the rear ABS speed sensor bolt is available to order in rockauto? I dont find it.
it should be 8mm

Quick Reply: Electric problems