Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Electric problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Switzerland?
Yes Switzerland

the above picture from the elements I already saw. I didn't saw any corrosion.

I hope the "Service Brake System" Problem is not to bad...

Old 05-13-2024, 09:43 AM

the ABS unit lives on the chassis on the drivers side near the B-pillar. tou might have to also check that connector for corrossion.

Old 05-14-2024, 01:49 PM

Today I checkes again with Tech2 the failures and got this:

the first failure is clear but what is the second one?

and are the speed sensor for the front the same for the rear one?

and where in Tech2 I see the traction control failure codes?

Last edited by George W; 05-14-2024 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:09 PM

Hi George,
Looking through Rockauto.com the front sensors are cabled, the rear have just connectors, so yes they're different, rear are also expensive!
It might be worth checking the wiring harness as DTC indicates an open or short circuit condition, possibly swap left with right?

However DTC C0191 relates to the Longitudinal Accelerometer device mounted behind the center of the dash, interestingly it also connected to the ECBM (Electronically Controlled Brake Module) so the two faults have the ECBM in common.

It might be worth inspecting the ECBM connector, hopefully it is not a faulty ECBM.

Your pictures also show "SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM" and also interestingly the Class2 Serial bus also connects here.

Have you had any work done to the brake system recently?

Old 05-16-2024, 12:38 AM

Hi George,
Looking through Rockauto.com the front sensors are cabled, the rear have just connectors, so yes they're different, rear are also expensive!
It might be worth checking the wiring harness as DTC indicates an open or short circuit condition, possibly swap left with right?

However DTC C0191 relates to the Longitudinal Accelerometer device mounted behind the center of the dash, interestingly it also connected to the ECBM (Electronically Controlled Brake Module) so the two faults have the ECBM in common.

It might be worth inspecting the ECBM connector, hopefully it is not a faulty ECBM.

Your pictures also show "SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM" and also interestingly the Class2 Serial bus also connects here.

Have you had any work done to the brake system recently?
I ordered the right Sensor now, should be arrived tomorrow very fast shipping. Sent on wednesday from US and will be arrived firday in Switzerland.
Also I will check connectors to the ECBM.

Thanks a lot.

Old 05-16-2024, 02:15 PM

The main AS Unit 16-Way connector is the right half of item-1 (C451) in yellow shown below:-

C451 connects the Serial Data bus, the above diagram is hard to visualize, however its a "Top View", in red is the rear tow-hitch, this is a single compressor unit yours will a dual (sorry didn't have a dual diagram)

The 2nd connector C450 and is the main power connector, again both connectors should be sealed (somehow)

The side mirrors are control by the Driver's Door Module, these tend to suffer from water ingress (rain), both DDM & PDM are easy to remove/disconnect without undoing the door panel.

The Class2 Serial Data bus is literally 2 wires that link all modules in parallel all over the vehicle, a the fault could be any module or connector, this is why splice pack SP205 is so useful.

Take care with the Airbag Restraint Module it is physical-position sensitive

Look for any signs of cabin leaks, especially around the left A-Pillar, the aftermarket radio would seem a good candidate but pulling it's fuse may not be enough, hence SP205

The Instrument cluster could be original I mention it because it too could be a fault candidate.

Also check your battery is charged and healthy.

I think I found C450/C451 and sealed it

And I want to change my roof Weatherstrip for both side, any alternative part to this? Hummer GM OEM 03-09 H2 Roof-Weatherstrip Seal Left 25868657 | eBay
Its very expensive

Last edited by George W; 05-16-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 02:37 PM

Yes that's the connector, it's worth washing out with switch cleaner/IPA to remove any existing corrosion as much as possible.

Ingress Protection (IP) is hard to achieve for connectors no longer mated, electrical tape might do it, or a polythene bag fitted over the connectors and then electrical-taped to the harness.

What you've done already looks neat and better than being left open to the elements, however the test is "would it stand being submersed if you drove through water?"

Old 05-16-2024, 02:41 PM

Yes that's the connector, it's worth washing out with switch cleaner/IPA to remove any existing corrosion as much as possible.

Ingress Protection (IP) is hard to achieve for connectors no longer mated, electrical tape might do it, or a polythene bag fitted over the connectors and then electrical-taped to the harness.

What you've done already looks neat and better than being left open to the elements, however the test is "would it stand being submersed if you drove through water?"
I cleaned / washed out the connector with switch cleaner and fix it up near the trunk. I don't drive through water only when its raining

alternative to the roof weatherstrip?

Old 05-16-2024, 02:48 PM

Well done with the connector, that should be one less variable to think about✔️

Re weather strips, I've got similar issues perhaps other members can advise us both?

Old 05-17-2024, 02:24 PM

Well done with the connector, that should be one less variable to think about✔️

Re weather strips, I've got similar issues perhaps other members can advise us both?
Hey Oceanbrave, I will do this with my one tonight:

Quick Reply: Electric problems