PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Diesel Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Default Diesel Conversion?

Hey Guys - my 07 is rapidly approaching 200k miles and I've been sinking some money in repairs/maintenance as a result. Has anyone done one of these diesel conversions?

Given how I plan on using my H2 moving forward a diesel would be awesome in terms of power and fuel burn.

Would love to know if anyone has done this and how it's worked out?

Old 06-29-2017, 04:38 PM

I have a 2008 duramax conversion I have owned since 2011. I bought it already converted and have put a little over 90,000 miles on the motor. Mash Motors did the conversion and it has been a solid reliable truck. The driveline has almost 100,000 miles on it now and it for the most part has been problem free, the majority of my issues have been completely unrelated to the conversion (hummer issues). The truck is a daily driver and we use it to tow our camper in the summer. It is by far the best driving vehicle I have ever owned. The motor is plenty powerful and the mileage is decent. If you are interested in a conversion I would call Mike Mash and discuss the cost and the options available. Mike Mash only knows me as the guy in Texas that bought one of his conversions used and has spent a decent amount of time on the phone with me asking him about things that I have run into over the last 6 years... he owes me nothing but has always had time to point me in the right direction on anything that I had come up. I think that says a lot about his business. I think bottom line comes down to what you want to spend on the truck and how long you intend to keep it.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:34 PM

Mine is slowly coming along. The original plan was to have it done by this summer.

Ran into an issue with the 1st block when I was having ARP main and head studs put in, the machine shop found some tiny cracks in the block when the magnafluxed it.

Long story short I found another block, and am making headway.

Now the hold up is some important parts from the General (GM) that are on backorder.