Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Dead Battery & Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Default Dead Battery & Air Suspension

2004 H2 39k- air suspension leak in rear right bag; Waiting on parts, the vehicle parked for a few weeks which drained the battery; charged the battery, replaced both bags, compressor pumped up the rear but it still lowers after a few hours of being parked and of course the battery has crapped out (no hissing noise/leak to be seen/heard). Going to replace the battery - could the drained battery be affecting the air suspension somehow or do I have another leak/issue in the line, etc. or do I need to reset something? Any thoughts appreciated

Old 01-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

MOVED to the H2 section where....... questions about H2s are to be posted.

The Forum Help & Suggestion Center, like it says in the thread stuck to the top, id NOT for vehicle question, but is to ask for help regarding using forum features..... like how do I post a pic? stuff.

I am not an H2 guy, but I can assure you your battery did not poke a hole in the air suspension. They make conversion kits to get rid of the air bags, might want to look into that? I have seen guys spend a bunch on part to fix the failing air bag set up, only to throw more and more $ down that hole before making the switch.

Good luck.

Old 11-06-2022, 12:15 PM

Can someone help me. My hummer lowers over night and then the next day my battery is dead. There is no draw coming from anything.

Old 11-07-2022, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Shantilreid
Can someone help me. My hummer lowers over night and then the next day my battery is dead. There is no draw coming from anything.
Do you think it is a good idea to tack your question on the end of a nearly FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD? Why not START A NEW Thread with your H2 question?

Old 11-07-2022, 05:54 PM

They sound like they could be 2 separate issues. I would test your battery, connections, and draw first, and then once you've fixed your battery/power issue, then evaluate your suspension issue.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shantilreid
A bit of history would help
  • What model year?
  • How long have you owned it?
  • Did it just start doing this?
  • Has any aftermarket equipment been added or any electrical changes made recently?
  • How old is the battery and has it been health tested recently?

Agreed sounds like 2 issues.
  • For a good battery to run-down there must be a drain, so it might be worth pulling fuses. As current drain is significant it's possible to measure this across the fuse-tops using a multimeter (haven't watched all
    yet but he covers the topic.
  • Both sides dropping is odd, it could be left and right bags are perished, or the pipes going into the valve manifold block are equally leaking air, or the valve block is broken somehow. If the H2 is an 03/04 it should be a single compressor with an aluminum valve block. 05 and onwards I believe use twin compressors with a plastic valve manifold, these are known to crack and leak, but again its odd to equal.
  • It's conceivable it's a faulty AS-ECU, to prove this pull-out the HVAC/ECAS fuse under the hood, that will remove power from the electronics that feed the solenoid valve driver MOSFETS (this is the only power line that is "HOT" all the time) . Alternatively you can measure across the fuse as described in the video The AS relay only operates the compressor and you would hear that. The 4WD fuse in the left of the dash only comes on with the ignition, so it's unlikely to be that.
That's all I have for now, need more feedback.