Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Dash and windows out.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 08:22 PM
Default Dash and windows out.

I have a 03 h2. For some reason the dashboard, radio, and widows quit working. The speedometer and tachometer still work. It also says unknown driver but will still run and drives fine. I've done the reset for unknown driver and it didn't help. If I put the car just in on position and not crank everything works. Anyone else had this problem?

Old 04-10-2023, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Blackdeuce34
I have a 03 h2. For some reason the dashboard, radio, and widows quit working. The speedometer and tachometer still work. It also says unknown driver but will still run and drives fine. I've done the reset for unknown driver and it didn't help. If I put the car just in on position and not crank everything works. Anyone else had this problem?
Hopefully an eagle-eyed member will have the exact answer, but in the absence of this history-wise consider the following:-
  1. What was the last work you did, any modifications, changes or replacements?
  2. Is there any aftermarket equipment such as an alarm, remote start, tracker etc.
  3. What is your battery's SOH (State Of Health) and SOC (Charge) ?
  4. Any water leaks or ingress anywhere (DDM PDM BCM)
  5. Air suspension - connectors, condition, any past issues?
A common link between the above issues is the "Classs 2 Serial Comms" e.g. the Instrument Cluster which uses it for most everything except the Speedometer and Tachometer, so does the DDM/PDM (Power Windows) and Radio

It sounds like a communications issue that only occurs when "HOT IN RUN" this a circuit that goes to a few modules which have serial comms, e.g.:-
BCM, HVAC, Air Suspension (the latter two can be easily unplugged to test)
It could be a failing module or a corroded/contaminated connector and may take a bit of detective work to trace.

Splice Pack 205 might be a good place to start, suggest watching

Hopefully this info is useful, so please feedback anything you find which could be useful to other members with similar issues.✔️

Good luck!
[Awaiting Resolution]

Last edited by oceanbrave; 04-16-2023 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2023, 06:43 AM

Blackdeuce34 any luck?