Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Cracked door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Default Cracked door panels?

Hey guys, just bought a used 04 Hummer H2 from a dealership, and both the front door panels are cracked in the exact same spot. Every time the door gets slammed, the cracks crack a little further. I tried drilling a screw through the trim into the door to prevent further cracking, and that stayed on for about 20 minutes. Has Hummer issued any recalls for their panels, because it seems kinda odd that this would be happening to both doors. Anybody else having the same problem? I love my Hummer, but the cheap GM interior parts **** me off. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Default RE: Cracked door panels?

Never heard that happenning before???

If you're not in a HURRY, they come up for sale on eBay occassionally......otherwise, they're pretty pricey!!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:31 PM

My driver side door panel is cracked. I think mine came from the stereo shop taking my door on and off. I checked the price for a replacement panel and they want around $500[:'(]

Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM

super glue is the fastest/easiest...something like locktite.

It's a common problem, but doesn't start from opening/closing it originates from someone nailing it on the way out of the truck which is why you mainly see it in the rear doors (kids).

Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 AM

I have not noticed this problem, but I will look mine over and thry to help find a fix for the issue. If mine end up doing that I will prob just have and upolstry shop cover the panel in the same color with something.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Default Same issue

I am currently experiencing the same exact issue. The door panels have cracked in the same location near the seam to the right of the door handle. I do not have kids or use it as a work truck, it is a 2003 with 59,000 miles. It is stress from closing the door that is causing the damage. The plastic portion around the the window has completely broken away, so be careful. It may be time to cotact Hummer and see what the word is. I brought the smaller section to the dealership today and they are going to get me a quote, it may be a JB weld experience.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:38 AM
Banned

dealing with that problem could make you a little bit stress, don't mind it, instead just try to find another pieces of it.

Old 08-05-2023, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Overdriven6
Hey guys, just bought a used 04 Hummer H2 from a dealership, and both the front door panels are cracked in the exact same spot. Every time the door gets slammed, the cracks crack a little further. I tried drilling a screw through the trim into the door to prevent further cracking, and that stayed on for about 20 minutes. Has Hummer issued any recalls for their panels, because it seems kinda odd that this would be happening to both doors. Anybody else having the same problem? I love my Hummer, but the cheap GM interior parts **** me off. Thanks in advance!
I'm working on one right now. The inside of the door where the door pull and handle attached to flexes way to much. So far I have added some reinforcement to the inside of the door and got some epoxy and fiberglass cloth to fix the cracks in the door panel. Work in progress. When I get it figured out for sure I will post up.

Old 08-10-2023, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SoldHondaBoughtHondo
I'm working on one right now. The inside of the door where the door pull and handle attached to flexes way to much. So far I have added some reinforcement to the inside of the door and got some epoxy and fiberglass cloth to fix the cracks in the door panel. Work in progress. When I get it figured out for sure I will post up.
Welcome to HF. You dug up an OLD (From 2008, that is FIFTEEN YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!) to tack on your statement. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

When you have your fix dialed in, please do share it in the H2 Section (where all H2 questions belong) in a brand new shiny thread. This dawg is Moved and CLOSED.