Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Back in service

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 08:02 AM
Thumbs up Back in service

I have not drove my 06 much in the last few years, and decided to put the ol girl back in service, I knew I wanted a new radiator to avoid tranny cooler problems, I figured if I bought a new radiator, that I would not need to add an external trans cooler. I thought long and hard about which radiator to buy. I hate Chinese replacement parts, but didn't want to spend big $ for a USA made aluminum radiator. So I ordered a new GM unit from my local Chevy dealer. It was made in the US and fit perfect. $300.00

The R&R was not hard at all, another thing I did was buy a block off plate and gasket from GM and I removed the oil cooler lines. I will never tax the oil enough to need the cooler and now I wont have to worry about leaking lines. New upper and lower radiator hoses, Oil change and today I am going to flush the brake fluid.

Hopefully it will be good to go.