Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Air suspension coil spring conversion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Default Air suspension coil spring conversion thread.

I've been searching a few different sites, but haven't found any real threads on converting the rear air suspension to coil springs.

There are "kits" out there starting at 299 and up. It took a little digging, but all these kits contain are 2 coil springs, 4 isolators and instructions. You just need the OEM GM parts to do the conversion.

1 coil spring - GM part# 25956182 (left??) #7 in diagram
1 coil spring - GM part# 25956183 (righ??) #7 in diagram
4 coil insulators - GM part# 15713853 #8 in diagram

If you buy from GMpartsdirect.com, the total cost is 233.57 shipped.

So, if someone could confirm the part numbers and maybe confirm which relay needs to be removed so that the "service air suspension" warning doesn't show up in the DIC when the compressor is removed, that would be great. Obviously any other info would be appreciated too.

Thanks,

Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM

Couple post on another forum that may help some. Your part numbers look correct and if they are not marked left or right, in one of the links below it is discussed how to tell left from right on the springs.

Good luck, Ed

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40631
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=38543
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=24471

Old 01-24-2011, 04:12 AM

Thanks for the Links Ed!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:32 PM

No problem, best of luck changing them out.

Ed

Originally Posted by AndyMac
Thanks for the Links Ed!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM

So, about 10 days ago, my air suspension took a dump and I had to ride around on the bump stops to/from work.. (very uncomfortable) Since I'm in Canada, it's difficult to order from gmpartsdirect.com and I needed the parts fast.

I ended up buying a spring conversion "kit" off ebay, that just consisted of 2 springs, and some instructions for 299. I had it in a few days.

Once I had the kit, it only took me about 40 minutes to change the springs out, remove the compressor, remove air suspension relay, reset the computer. The key here was using my spring compressor for the coil springs so I didn't have to drop the shocks and sway bar.

Thanks to Ed, I removed the relay in the drivers fender area and unhooked the battery for a few minutes, and I haven't seen any air suspension codes in a week. Thanks again Ed.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM

Glad to be of help and thanks for letting us know how it went.

Ed

Originally Posted by AndyMac
So, about 10 days ago, my air suspension took a dump and I had to ride around on the bump stops to/from work.. (very uncomfortable) Since I'm in Canada, it's difficult to order from gmpartsdirect.com and I needed the parts fast.

I ended up buying a spring conversion "kit" off ebay, that just consisted of 2 springs, and some instructions for 299. I had it in a few days.

Once I had the kit, it only took me about 40 minutes to change the springs out, remove the compressor, remove air suspension relay, reset the computer. The key here was using my spring compressor for the coil springs so I didn't have to drop the shocks and sway bar.

Thanks to Ed, I removed the relay in the drivers fender area and unhooked the battery for a few minutes, and I haven't seen any air suspension codes in a week. Thanks again Ed.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 PM

I'm curious to know if anyone here has used the part numbers that Andy listed above to do this conversion.

I need to order a kit today, and I've found one on eBay for $229 plus shipping, but I'd rather order GM parts if possible and if it's confirmed that these part numbers will work.

Thanks.

Jim

Old 04-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Default coil kit

I have a brand new kit that i`m selling in the classified ads with with the rubber insulators for 225.00 shipped. Let me know

Old 03-19-2013, 01:01 PM

hey guys... i just purchased from arnot. should get them this week. Also bought some bilstein shocks. Do you guys find the rear rides alot harder? i have heard it does. and do you tow at all with it? I dont really but have a boat... need to tow the odd time but not much... should be fine?

Old 03-19-2013, 03:50 PM

This is an older thread but as for the towing the rear end will lose its leveling capabilities. I doubt that the ride is going to suffer at all. The systems are essentially the same wether your supporting the weight of the vehicle with a spring or a bag full of air. same pricipal.

Quick Reply: Air suspension coil spring conversion thread.